Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Guided Meditation for chemotherapy

Options
Hi everyone, I was diagnosed a month ago, had a lumpectomy and am about to have my 3rd round of chemo. I found this guided meditation on You Tube specifically for chemo. It's been wonderful and I do it morning and night. It's helped me cope with anxiety and worry and taught me how to change my thinking so that I view chemo as a positive experience. This is the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNaqEKtc4Uk
Hope it helps you too

Comments

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Thanks @Marg_R55, I will try the meditation later. I am too busy having first cup of coffee for the morning and checking emails right now! Best wishes for your treatment.
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Options
    @Marg_R55 thanks for the link I will give it a try tonight :)
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    Thanks @Marg_R55 I meditate a lot. Really has helped me through my BC journey.I often go to sleep with it on, and listen when having my chemo. All suggestions welcome  :)
  • Marg_R55
    Marg_R55 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks @Caz1 I do the same thing. Before I even get out of bed I use this meditation then last thing at night too sometimes falling asleep. And always when I have chemo - it just takes me to another place
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    It’s weird you know.  I’m cool with the whole treatment deal. I understand it’s a necessary evil.
    Yet when I am in the chair, something in my primitive brain screams ‘ get the heck out of here! RUN!!!!’
    Meditation is the only thing that works for me in this scenario  <3
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Options

Caz1 said:

It’s weird you know.  I’m cool with the whole treatment deal. I understand it’s a necessary evil.
    Yet when I am in the chair, something in my primitive brain screams ‘ get the heck out of here! RUN!!!!’
    Meditation is the only thing that works for me in this scenario  <3

lol @Caz1 .....l had that thought a few times..
  • Marg_R55
    Marg_R55 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    @Caz1 this meditation in particular has helped me change my thinking from a necessary evil to an elixir that is going to make me well. I learnt 15 years ago when my husband had an aggressive bone cancer that you fight this disease on a mental level as well as a physical level. I had chemo today and they thought I was asleep - as IF !!!! I get nervous about being in the chair but once the meditation is on I zone out. Good luck with everything