Feelings of Panic

2»

Comments

• Kactus
    Kactus Member Posts: 9
    How are you going @KayB55 ?
    I found out yesterday I have breast cancer so am definitely feeling that panic. I think it is the invasive lobular type but a lot of the doctor’s words weren’t sinking in. I’m having staging scans tomorrow.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited July 2019
    Make sure you take someone with you to appointments @Kactus if you can.  So much of what we're told in the early days doesn't sink in.
  • Kactus
    @Sister I am lucky my wonderful husband has been to all of my appointments so far and will be coming with me today.
    I work in a school too @KayB55 I’m an SSO in a year 1 class mostly. I have 2 children of my own and have managed to explain things to them quite well I think and am holding it together on the surface. Of course they are my biggest worry. I have made a GP appointment for this afternoon though as I am finding it really hard to sleep the last couple of nights so hopefully they can give me something to help with that. I need to keep working while I can do a bit of sleep would be nice 😬. I have some sick leave but I have no idea how much I’ll need, how long is piece of string I guess?
    Thanks for your well wishes, good luck to you too xxx
  • KayB55
    KayB55 Member Posts: 75
    Sister, Having lived in a bit of a cocoon for far too many years, I am becoming more and more aware of the complexity of lives. Here is hoping some good solid sleep and some moments of relaxation come your way soon. Regards 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    @KayB55 and @Kactus - also consider recording your meetings on the phone - most will agree to you doing this, as they know that a lot of what is said just doesn't sink in.  I've gone back & listened to one of my meetings - and you just have them there as 'backup'.

What city/town do you live in?  Other members may have more specific info re access to bits that may be of assistance to you.  You can add it to your Profile.

All the best to both of you with your meetings & treatment plans xxx

• Kactus
    Thanks for the advice. Recording the appointment is a good idea. I’m in Adelaide, I’ll add it to my profile x