Single or double mastectomy

Options
13»

Comments

• Belgrave14
    Belgrave14 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. Have you found somewhere for your tattoos @JennD78? That is my long term plan too so I would love to hear how you go. 
  • JennyD78
    JennyD78 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    I've been in contact with an artist who works in a private studio here in Newcastle.  She tattoo'ed her mum after her mastectomy so she's had a bit of experience :)
  • margabra
    margabra Member Posts: 9
    Options
    I appreciate all your comments and they have been helpful to me. I see the Surgeon on Thursday and will be told my outcomes but I suspect its a Mastectomy. I too would prefer bilateral removal but I guess its wait and see! I have Grade 3 with hormonal receptor and stage 2a or that's what the Clinic nurse told me when she rang to make the app. Waiting to see Surgeon to confirm. Thanks again, you all sound very brave. x  
  • Belgrave14
    Belgrave14 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Just an update, had my double mastectomy on Thursday. All went well so fingers crossed for the pathology results. My surgeon said he will have the preliminary results on Tuesday so he will call me, he seemed very happy with how things have gone and my recovery. I have a bit of discomfort from the drains but no real pain so will be going home from hospital on Monday. I feel so much better now surgery is over 😊
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Excellent!  :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Good to hear @Belgrave14