Options
2»

Comments

• Belinda
    Belinda Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey

I've had mediastinal, hilar lung problems for the whole 6 years of ABC. The mets had been controlled for a while with various AIs then last year needed chemo (Abraxane) which did a great job of clearing them but they were back quite quickly. They just seemed to rumble on and not cause too many physical problems. My latest and biggest problem to date are one large and one tiny brain tumour detected about 6 weeks ago after sudden bad headaches and blurred vision. I had "successful" surgery on the big one and am now nearly finished 10 whole brain radiotherapy treatments. Start chemo again next week to try and sort out my lungs. It has been tough psychologically this time but otherwise I'm just taking advice and trying to get it over with, and hopefully get back to part time work soon because it is a really good distraction. 

It all sounds very dramatic but I still look and feel generally well ..... life goes on, but just a bit bumpier than I'd like lately

PS I live in Wollongong

Take care, Belinda

• Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 233
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey

Good luck with the scans.  I'll keep everything crossed for you too.

Amy x

• traxx65
    traxx65 Member Posts: 252
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Belinda,

I had Abraxane also last year when the 3 nodes in the mediastinum showed up.  Just finished it in June.  Prelim tests showed that it made all but one go away and then 10 weeks ago a CT showed they had grown back and but my marker then was stable.  Going for my CT and MUGA test on Monday and then get results the following week to see what they are all doing.  My onc said they aren't on anything vital and the same sort of thingas you say, that they just rumble on without too many physical probs.

I can understand that it must be tough on you phsychologically this time, there is always something hanging around.  What sort of chemo are they giving you this time?  My onc said he probablywouldn't try Abraxane again because they came back too quickly.

Good luck with your treatment and stay in touch, I would like to know how you are going with it all.

Take care and we'll be thinking of you.

Tracey xx

• traxx65
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Justine,

I had my radiation at the Freemasons.  They were a wonderful group of people there.  Very kind and go out of their way for you.  hope they are still the same.

Take care

Tracey xx

• traxx65
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Amy,

Hope you are travelling well.

Take care.

Tracey xx

• Belinda
    Belinda Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tracey I'm having MMM this time - quite an old combo but hopefully it will work - it's apparently a bit less toxic than other alternatives. It's Mitomycin, methotrexate and mitoxantrone. I start on next Wed, and today I had a chest, abdo pelvis CT which  will be a baseline guide to try and get the lung disease under control.

When I went to my neurosurgeon last week I asked to see the pathology report and the hormone status of the brain tumour, and it was HER2+( and ER+ PR+) My original BS was HER2- ER+ PR+, so this might open up some more treatment options, although I don't know what the status of the lung disease is.

Good luck with your scans on Monday. I'd really like to keep in touch

Belinda

• traxx65
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Belinda,  sometimes the oldies are the goodies.  Fingers crossed for you.  What you are going through inspires me.  I feel bad having a whinge.  I have heard of the cancers changing status.  Apparently Jane McGraths did.  Did you have much trouble with the Abraxane?  I had terrible leg and joint pains and of course the hair loss.  At one stage I lost my voice for nearly two months.  Apart from that it didn't really bother me and I kept on working, I only work part time anyway.  I made sure I had it on a Thursday so the side effects hit me on the weekend and before I went back to work.

Hopefully there are more otions out there.  There seems to be so many in the pipeline and almost here so fingers crossed for everyone.  I hope you go well with the MMM.  I am interested to know how it goes and how you feel.  I get my results on the 8th, so then I will know what step we are taking for myself next.

Take care and feel free to contact me if you need a chat.

All the best.

Tracey

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey, just wanted to say congratulations on your 6 year anniversary! You are centainly an inspiration, especially to us newbies to a secondary diagnosis! You give me hope and inspiration that I will get through this next big challenge ahead of me....thank you. Celeste xxx

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey, just wanted to say congratulations on your 6 year anniversary! You are centainly an inspiration, especially to us newbies to a secondary diagnosis! You give me hope and inspiration that I will get through this next big challenge ahead of me....thank you. Celeste xxx

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congratulations Tracey! You always gave me so much inspiration and I wish you a long and happy life :)

Louise xx