6 years today

Options
traxx65
traxx65 Member Posts: 252
edited October 2011 in Day to day

Today marks the 6th year since I was diagnosed with Advanced Breast Cancer.  I am still here and despite a few ups and downs, still feeling pretty good.

I want to wish everyone out there all the best with their treatments and scans and everything else that is part of your life.

All the best everyone. Take care.

Tracey xx

Comments

• Joy K
    Joy K Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey,

I agree with Sam, you are an inspiration to others as you have proved that it is possible to defeat the odds and that we don't have to accept the statistics thrown at us.

Fantastic news,

With love

Joy K

• Joy K
    Joy K Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey,

I agree with Sam, you are an inspiration to others as you have proved that it is possible to defeat the odds and that we don't have to accept the statistics thrown at us.

Fantastic news,

With love

Joy K

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey - thank you for sharing your "anniversary" news - we need stories like yours that prove it is possible to live with this disease.  I met another lady who has been living with secondaries in her lungs for 7 years!  I too hope to follow in your footsteps which I am sure will be going for many, many years yet.

Much love and light to you.

Amanda xx

• Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 233
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey

Happy Anniversary!  You have been such an inspiration to me and I think of you often as we each go through our treatments. 

Not happy these new cancers are proving to be stubborn.  You just prove to them that you are more so!

Take care

Amy x

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

You are pretty amazing and sure showed those doctors a thing or two.They'll have to recalculate their statistics now.You give hope to all on this site by sharing your story and your courage.I hope you go from strength to strength.

Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good on you Tracey.  I too often "see" your face when I'm having a bit of a hard time.  You are amazing - going to work etc.  I think that if you can do that then I can at least attempt the big tasks that I have ahead of me.  You really are a great inspiration to us all.   Congratulations on your anniversary - a great milestone and it proves how strong you are (doctors are only human and cannot know everything - especially when it is our time to bow out - even if they have their stats!!!)  and of course they are dealing with some strong gutsy women like US - how can they be right!!!!!!  Keep up your great courage. XLeonie

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations Tracey, what a great milestone!   You're such a great presence here on the site, I'm so glad you're willing to share your experiences with everyone.  Looking forward to celebrating next year's anniversary, too!  :)

~Di

• jo1234
    jo1234 Member Posts: 291
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done Tracey, you are definitely fighting like a girl, good on you.  It's good to see the distance you have come and  showing everyone you can beat those odds. Believing in yourself and being positive has obviously paid off. 

All the best  and see you here after your next 6 years. You go girl.

Cheers Jo xx

• Belinda
    Belinda Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey

I'm heading towards my 6 year ABC anniversary soon too! I was diagnosed with EBC 13 years ago so I've lived with BC for quite a while now.

ABC certainly has it's challenges but I have worked fulltime until last month, and hope to go  back part time soon, after my latest recurrence is under control. I have felt well and lived independently and pain free for all of this time and for that I am very grateful.

Congratulations - there are many of us out here just getting on with living with ABC, and I hope our special group just gets bigger and bigger ( in a good way of course!) and blow their stats away.....

Cheers

Belinda

• traxx65
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Belinda,  congratulations on your upcoming anniversary too.  it is great to see so many of us (as you say in a "good way").  It is great to feel like there is some support rather than have people wash their hands of you.  All the best with your latest recurrence.  I am going for my CT and MUGA scan on Monday and then get my results on the following Tuesday (I think) to see if mine has decided to settle down for a bit.  I'm hoping with everything crossed.

All the best to you and let us know how you are going.

Take care.

Tracey xx

• traxx65
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Belinda,  congratulations on your upcoming anniversary too.  it is great to see so many of us (as you say in a "good way").  It is great to feel like there is some support rather than have people wash their hands of you.  All the best with your latest recurrence.  I am going for my CT and MUGA scan on Monday and then get my results on the following Tuesday (I think) to see if mine has decided to settle down for a bit.  I'm hoping with everything crossed.

All the best to you and let us know how you are going.

Take care.

Tracey xx

• traxx65
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Justine,  i am so glad that you found the site from the article.  I was feeling really lost before I found the site and the relief I felt when I found it was amazing.  Just to hear some words of encouragement can make all the difference to how you feel.  I feel it is important to let people know how we are going because it encourages us and shows us the possibilities.  I know there are a lot of differences in each of us and our cancers, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have hope.

All the best with your treatments and let us know how you are going.

Take care.

Tracey xx

• traxx65
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Jo,  Glad to let people know we can still fight.  It's so important to know that.  Too many people write us off without really listening.

All the best with your treatments.

Take care.

Tracey xx

• traxx65
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again Belinda,

I just read that you have some in your mediastinum.  That is where my newer ones appeared just before Christmas last year.  Your treatment also sounds a little bit similar to mine too.  Glad that you feel reasonably well.  Just wondering what part of Austalia you live in?

Take care.

Tracey

• traxx65
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again Justine, Just wondered what part of Melbourne you are in?  I am over in the Northern Suburbs and have my Herceptinand bondronat at the Northern Hospital.

Take care.

Tracey xx