What's new with Kath

Options
2»

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Sister
    Good to read that an option offered helped. I think some are of the view that they have to cope, this is as good as it gets!
    Hopefully your experience helps others to ask
    Take care 

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @primek, That is great you have more movement in your hands and feet . I hope the improvement in movement continues steadily and you get more information  about the cause(s) and support for effective treatment. 
    As we all know, our network is the place to whinge and vent!

but very gentle ones!
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    @primek Sorry to hear you are having such a time of it.   Even leading up to this BC diagnosis and going through all the treatments did I even begin to think that survivorship  would be equally as hard then throw in these AI drugs to boot just sucks the life out of us.   Am so glad that you got the clear bone scans which is one less worry for you.  Make the most of your drug free time (albeit short lived no doubt )  but just to say am thinking of you and hope things improve soon for you.  big hugs  xo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Day 8 off letrozole and I can now rotate my arms, clasp my hands behind my back (like a stretch) and I can again take a jumper off, easily with my arms crossed over me (as my mother taught). I stand staighter again. I feel 5 years younger. 
    I still can't unclip a bra from behind but it's progress. 
    I've let the oncologist know I'll be glad to trial a new drug when my month is up. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    That's great Kath. What a relief. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Great news @primek - which drug has been suggested?
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    What good  news @ primek that things have improved so much.Mind sad that it has taken so much time , energy and discomfort to get a change happening.I was encouraged recently to read @Sister write about a new hormone therapy treatment coming out of the Uni of Adelaide which they claim has much less side effects - might be worth a chat to your oncologist about it - I will be doing so next visit mainly as recommended for osteoporosis.

• Romla
    Options
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Oh thanks @Romla that looks promising. Especially since my treating team works in conjuction with this research team. Wonder how you get on the trial. I might contact my Adelaide breast care nurse. 
  • Romla
    Options
    No worries @primek - could you let us know how you get on ?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Yes, would be good to hear what you find out.
  • EAA
    EAA Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi primek
    Read your shattering post of May 12.
    i hope your feeling better has continued.. xx