Invasive Lobular Cancer (ILC)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    I think @Brenda5 the stats for the aromatise inhibitor Letrozole in combination with Prolia are better - will find supporting evidence and post.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    There was something in that ILC webinar about Letrozole but don't have time atm to look for it 
  • berry
    berry Member Posts: 71
    Options
    letrozole is an anti-estrogen 
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    edited May 2019
    Options
    What can I say? 15 years after being diagnosed with infiltrating ductal carcinoma, I  was diagnosed with invasive pleomorphic lobular carcinoma. I still have severe and generalised bony metastatic disease as well as some liver secondaries. I am living my life to the best of my ability. I have just been on a long overseas trip. Hope to be around to see any grandchildren that come along. 
    No use complaining about anything. Who is going to listen?
  • EAA
    EAA Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Oh! I love raw honesty  .. great comment berry! 
  • Sister
    Options
    Sorry, I meant that there was something in the webinar about the stats around letrozole and ILC...
  • berry
    Options
    this is slightly off ILC's impact but my hair is really slow growing back. Finished chemo the end of Feb and barely have 1cm.
    anastrozole - Al- can cause bald spots. Can it also cause slow hair growth? I want to see the old me when I look into the mirror not the ex- chemo sap.(didn't tolerate chemo).

• EAA
    Options
    Thanks Giovanna. hi Berry..Ive noticed my hair has thinned since being on Arimidex.
    It doesnt fall out just seems to retard thickness. I havent noticed it affects other hairy
    places on my body.I havent had bald patches.The question may be " How does oestrogen
    affect hair follicles? What other parts of the body are affected when oestrogen activity is suppressed?
    Definitly eye health. May also be compounded by the drugs you had on chemo?
    Itd be a great question for the webcaast on June 6 re Hormone Blocking Therapy and its effects
    on other organs in the body especially skin, Hair, eyes. Love your discussions and knowledge.

• berry
    Options
    I am not going off hormone blocking since its the only drug ILC really responds too. Apparentantly eggs are good for eye health since they have the same enzymes that your eyes have which protect eye vision. A women on the American FB page had a picture of her hair growth after 3 months and it was similar to mine, knowing that has quietened my anxiety. To find out the total effects of  oestrogen suppression it will be dr google for me after I get back from my week at a buddhist retreat. 2 degress at night and 7 during the day. ouch. kindly-a possible frozen berry. lol

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @EAA Noted.
  • EAA
    Options
    Hi  Berry
    Retreat sounds great..much calm
  • berry
    Options
    Haven't heard any media warnings on drinking and breast cancer recurrence but have heard Breast Screen Victoria's advertising knowing lying to Victorian women. When will they advertise the facts. I think I will make a complaint ACCC on misleading advertising except I can't remember which media I heard it on. I promise myself to pay attention rather swear abuse at those lame ducks. 
  • Sister
    Options
    Not being in Victoria @berry, I haven't heard the advertising.