New to group seeking fat transfer advice

Options
merrilee
merrilee Member Posts: 6
edited April 2019 in General discussion
Hi everyone I'm new to this group even though I had DCIS 10 years ago. Since I was treated in the private system I wasn't aware of the amazing support groups such as this one. I didn't even know about breast care nurses!
Anyway 10 years on my implants need to come out. As I really don't want to be on the implant cycle any more I'm looking into fat grafting. Has anyone had it ? If so can you share your experiences? I'm in Sydney and also looking for surgeons who do this ( and who seem to be few in numbers).
Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi @merrilee - Welcome to the forum!  Lots of info here for you to work with ..... I am sure someone who's had fat grafting will jump on shortly to help you with your query

I see you've jumped onto the fat grafting thread - so that is good!

I am pretty sure that my surgeon does fat grafting of some sort ..... when I had my lumpectomy, he did in immediate 'tidy up' by moving some of the fat already in the boob to fill in the 'hole' ..... and when it settled 12 months late, a small dip developed - which he said he could 'fill with fat' if i wanted.  I couldn't be bothered doing that tho.

Where abouts are you (you can edit your profile to show your suburb/town) as my surgeon works out of Westmead, Norwest Hospital & Lakeside Hospital at Baulkham Hills ..... 

All the best xx
  • merrilee
    merrilee Member Posts: 6
    Options
    HI Arpie, thanks for your reply. I don't blame you for not proceeding with the 'fill' as, after cancer, it seems minor indeed!

I'll update my details shortly-thanks for the tip.

I know there are surgeons who use lipo to move the odd bit of fat around but not that many who create a whole breast from it (or that I can find anyway). I have managed to locate 3 surgeons who appear to do it so have made appointments with them next week. In the meantime, hoping to find someone out there who has had this done. Always good to speak to others who have gone through the same. Thanks again, Lisa