Hoping the surgeon is right

Options
2»

Comments

• marcel
    marcel Member Posts: 4
    Options
    P.S. If you can get Dr Angella Rezo at Canberra Public or Icon Cancer centre in UC in canberra...you have scored the best Rad oncol.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @marcel You can chat privately using the message system here - click on the envelope on the right hand side of the blue banner at the top (can't remember what it looks like on a phone screen).  When the screen comes up, type the name of the person you want to message.  

And, welcome!
  • Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi @Makday sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I had my radiation oncology at the Canberra Cancer Centre. I did my chemo at Calvary Hospital. I had Carolyn Cho as my surgeon who was absolutely fantastic, Alison Davis as my first chemo Onc but I then changed to Dr Malik who is equally fantastic after Alison went on extended leave,  and finally Trish Pulverenti as my radiation Oncologist. All work out of Canberra Cancer Centre and all were great. The Canberra Cancer Centre nurses and staff are also great.

I was told by Caroline my surgeon that although my treatment would probably be chemo and definitely radiation (I opted for lumpectomy) that the final decision re chemo would be made after the full pathology results came in. She was right.

Re Breast Cancer Nurse, your experience with them is exactly the same as mine. Too many patients not enough BC Nurses. They will get back to you if you ring and leave a message, otherwise you can go to the drop in clinics at Calvary or Canberra where you may have to wait a bit.

Wishing you the best for your upcoming treatment.