Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Second brain tumour in 5 months

2»

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Hi @DebbieMc    I just can't even imagine what you have gone through. But wow you sound like you have a great bunch of friends there to support you.  Hoping also your appointment goes okay we sure will be thinking of you.   I also loved Slade growing up as I grew up in the Midlands as well.   Big Hugs to you. xo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited March 2019
    Dear @DebbieMc,

K xox  <3
  • Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Wow, @DebbieMc, I am in awe of you and your positivity!! To have come through these losses in your life as well as your own battle shows what strength you have.You have made me realise how lucky I am.
    Gosh, Slade...that takes me back!!!
    Sending you the very best wishes and big hugs. Keep on rocking! Xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited March 2019
    @DebbieMc
    To read your story it really tugs at the heart strings . What a so and so!
    Here's hoping your treatment plan brings a good outcome.

Smiled at your enjoyment of Slade. The song Don't Blame Me is with me and woo hoo good memories - thank you for that! 

Take care and best wishes 
  • DebbieMc
    DebbieMc Member Posts: 42
    @Sister Thank you, I heard Noddy screaming IT'S CHRISTMAS over & over a couple of nights ago & couldn't work out where it was coming from. Somehow I'd changed my ringtone & it was my mobile calling, I don't recall putting that on. I can blame tumourbrain for my forgetfulness.
    If not a Slade fan I'm mad on Guns n Roses too, they helped me through the mastectomy & chemo during those times I was too fatigued to do anything but lie on the lounge. My breast cancer nurse phoned me this morning and said the tumour might even be too small to operate on which I hadn't thought of. Will be interesting to hear what is said on Tuesday about the intentions of treatments.
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Wow @DebbieMc what a heartbreaking time you have had the universe can be so cruel! I too have sadly lost a child my eldest daughter died just over 10 years ago at 16. I guess those loses make us even stronger when faced with adversity and we choose to live life and hold onto the good memories and the positives in our lives to help keep us strong. You gotta wonder though how much crap do you really have to go through, you are amazing and I thankyou for reaching out to me when I posted about my new battle xo
  • DebbieMc
    DebbieMc Member Posts: 42
    @Kat09 I'm so very sorry to hear you have also lost your child, the worst thing people can say to you is that God only gives you what you can handle. The fact you're still alive doesn't mean you've handled it but had to live with it & it's heartbreaking. Yes you always are thinking 'what next' & now one of the lovely ladies in the UK who drove us around has passed away from ovarian cancer. The other is fighting for life after a heart attack, as you wisely say we have to concentrate on the positives in our lives to keep going. I'll follow your battle & hope there is something I can say that will help you along. xo