Heal on Netflix

Milly21
Milly21 Member Posts: 122
just watched heal on Netflix,about mind body connections and healing,I purchased a couple of books written by doctors on the documentary and have found them very interesting,especially radical Remission, just wondering if anyone else has watched and what they thought, made me think differently about complimentary therapy’s.

Comments

• Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    I’ll have to check it out @Milly21
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    edited March 2019
    Hey @Milly21,

I watched about 12 months ago when it came out on itunes. I have a pretty open mind and will have a look at anything.

It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling for about 1/2 an hour.  It was interesting but I highly doubt you can think yourself better. 

Not that having a good  attitude won't help, and that meditation etc is helpful for realeasing stress.  I got the feeling that if your health issues can be fixed by releasing negative energy and the power of you mind then that would mean your bad attitude and negativity gave you the problem in the first place.

They lost me when the lymphoma lady went into remission and they attributed a lot more value to her mindset and not the fact that she had chemo as well..

It is unfortunate that these sorts of things may lead to people dying because they chose this way over traditional proven medicine. Probably a combination of both is beneficial.

Just my opinion, but it was interesting to have a look at.

• Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Yep @kezmusc, I’m not a believer in thinking yourself better. Wouldn’t have cured me, that’s for sure. I’ll watch it out of interest though 😊
  • Milly21
    Milly21 Member Posts: 122
    Yes I agree, some of it I found hard to believe and I would never not follow what doctors recommend,just I had never really thought much about complementary methods,meditation,hypnosis and all that stuff. I agree that they probably just help with stress ect,but for me that probably a good thing 😂 I probably need to think abit more positively anyway . I just find anything to do with this stuff interesting,it is interesting that most those speakers on that show seemed to be doctors and researchers,