Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Mets to liver

Options
Coco2010
Coco2010 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi, first diagnosed with BC in 2012 (stage 3). Was on tamoxifen for just over 5 years until last Jan and then  I started to feel unwell, weight loss and I knew something wasn’t right... after tests it was confirmed that it returned and this time it had spread to my liver. It’s been 12 months and still working full time - good days and bad days.  I just wanted to share as I’ve never posted but I’ve read so many amazing stories from so many people on this forum that I wanted to start to share my experiences - good and bad.

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    That truly sucks @Coco2010 . More power to you for slogging it out and keeping up a full time job; that takes some serious determination even though you may not have much choice. Mxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'm so very sorry to read this @Coco2010 but it's good that you've posted as there are others here with mets who understand and others who are supportive.  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Coco2010 I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Thank you for sharing your story here. I think it's important to tell our stories, the good, the bad and the ugly. You're never alone here, and the more we share the more people we touch and hopefully help. And fewer feel alone. I hope it helps you to write it down as well. Big hug, K xox
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Sending u the hugest of hugs and positive thoughts. 
  • Jackie50
    Jackie50 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Hello @Coco2010 welcome & although I'm new this time round too,, yes the wealth of information & feeling of we are not alone is so reassuring on here. 
    I too have liver Mets like you, out of now where just before Xmas & started chemo before new year due to pain. My liver had doubled in size. Went straight into Femara as well. Had ct scans every 4 weeks so far & shows the tumours are shrinking & now on Kisqali. I'm in excellent hands with my 2 oncologists, one for my brain Mets too...found at same time as liver Mets & some small Mets in lungs after 5 years clear.
    Well done to you for working, that's amazing. I wanted to but the weekly chemo gave me intense fatigue, but plus I'm not allowed to drive anymore due to the brain tumours. My independence has been snapped away at 56. Cancer sucks get.
    We are here for you, ask me anything you like.