Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

First question - Zometa/Zolodronic acid

Options
Kim2010
Kim2010 Member Posts: 6
edited February 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi all

Thank you sooo much for the warm welcomes and encouragement. It feels kinda weird finding others in similar situations. I knew you were all out there somewhere but wasn’t quite ready to admit it all to myself. The beast is here to stay but I’m glad to find others who are ready to slay it with me.

So this week I have my first does of Zometa as a defence for my declining bone density.  There is no evidence of disease there so this is just an effort to keep them as healthy as possible.

Has anyone else had this drug? If so, tell me all the gory details of side effects please!

Kim

Tagged:

Comments

• Merv
    Merv Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi @Kim2010. I have zometa every third treatment  in addition to 3-weekly doses of herceptin and perjeta and haven't had any adverse reaction to it. The other 2 drugs and the letrozole come with their own mixed assortment of side effects but I'm tolerating them reasonably well. All the best for your treatment.
  • maggie14
    maggie14 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi @Kim2010. I have Zometa every four weeks,  as I have extensive  bone metastases. As you dont it shouldn't  effect you too much .The  first may make you a little achy, but after that you should be fine. Make sure you have a dental checkup  first and keep well hydrated 
    Hope it all goes well. 
  • Kim2010
    Options
    Thank you @maggie14 and @Merv. I’m grateful for your comments. I figure being forewarned is being forearmed :) I’m off today for my first dose 🤞
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    HI @Kim2010 hoping all went well today with your first treatment.
  • Kim2010
    Options
    Thank you @Giovanna_BCNA. It was all good and as life would have it I’m sitting in Emergency with my best friend and her 11 year old who is sick. Glad I scheduled an easy day tomorrow :)