Forum Discussion
Doin_it
7 years agoMember
All clear
Been for results & given the all clear. Thank goodness for that, but how come I don’t feel the elation that family & friends are feeling?? I feel a sense of relief but not excitement & not wanting to go out & celebrate. Is it the fear of it reoccurring? Maybe in a few days I will feel it....Maybe I’ve just had enough now after op, chemo & radiation. Maybe it’s time to chill out & forget it for a while
16 Replies
- AfraserMemberBest wishes @AnnieC, and I hope that appointment comes soon. As you say, you've dealt with breast cancer, you can deal with this - but then a bit of dealing with good health and peace and quiet would be very nice!
- iserbrownMember@"Annie C" Here's hoping that trip to Perth will sort out soon and give you a better understanding and treatment plan! Goodness what a trek it is when something needs looking at! We are all so fortunate in comparison!
Take care and know that good vibes are coming from here - Annie_CMemberThankyou everyone. Your concern is heartwarming. I am sure that it will all be sorted and I will eventually have an "urgent" appointment date, not holding my breath - not wise as there is not much breath in me!
I am pleased that after all my temper trantrums, meltdowns, insistance, standing my ground and not giving up that finally my ragged breathing is being taken seriously. Just wish that the medicos had listened eighteen months ago.
My heartfelt thanks to all of you.
Warm (today very warm) Kimberley wishes to you. - SisterMemberGreat news @Doodoo But it's not really a celebration I think - just a relief.
- tigerbethMember@doodoo I think a lot of us feel the same ! Happy for you ! As time goes by I expect it will get better.
I think we feel cautiously optimistic about stuff but really expect the worse more often than not !
I remember after my op & the results were clear & they didn't have to go back in I was in total shock .
And lets face it we know more than family & friends about this crap .
My 12 months is in April ,fingerscrossed .
@"Annie C" hope you are able to breathe freely asap ! All my love & hugs to you xx - Doin_itMemberTake care @"Annie C". Everything crossed you get to that clinic asap. Please keep us up to date when you’re able xx
- Giovanna_BCNAMemberHi @"Annie C" take care of you and lets hope you get into the respiratory clinic asap!
- Annie_CMember@Doodoo
Thankyou, I am now wrapped in a great big hug.
It is just my lungs. They are not full of as much air as they should be, although there are some in town who would say that I am full of it as I have been known for putting in my 2 bobs worth. Not lately, not enough air to talk!!!!
However I am on the "urgent" respiratory clinic list at a major hospital in Perth (although I received the sms message 3 weeks ago, however no appointment as yet). Another "holiday" in Perth coming up!
Life sure is interesting and exciting!
I value your good wishes. - arpieMemberI am glad you are feeling better ....... I have heaps of melt downs - some mini, some not so mini! LOL
It's almost a 'void' isn't it @Doodoo ..... ever since detection, diagnosis, biopsy, surgery chemo/rads, tabs .... we are on a relentless treadmill & and every waking moment is taken up with something BC or planning something else BC. Then .... it stops! The umbilical chord is cut! And it has been such a huge part of our lives for the last 1-2 years. It will take a little time to settle down, methinks. xx
I see my surgeon in late Feb for my 1st year review ...... I reckon I'll be feeling like you afterwards xxx
All the best, Warrior xxxxx
Thank you @"Annie C" ..... you have helped me as much as I may have helped you xxxxx Take care, lovely lady xx
- kmakmMemberWell done @Doodoo. I was flat when I finished too and posted something incredibly similar here. I never jumped for joy but a few months later I had a profound sense of satisfaction that treatment was done, dusted and behind me. Big hug, K xox