Blue dye spot - having a whinge

Options
KarynJ
KarynJ Member Posts: 193
I had my surgery in March 2018 and the blue dye spot is still shining brightly under my skin.  I know this is really petty and completely trivial but it's really annoying.  It's a constant daily reminder of why 2018 was such a shitty year and that even though I'm finished with active treatment and supposedly in remission, hey, any moment now, it could come back with a vengeance.  I forget about it and then I have a shower or get changed and there is it, sparkling away.  The surgery scars healed up beautifully and I'm fine with the little black radiation tattoo dots.  But this blue spot is just pissing me off.  It's the size of a 5 cent piece and quite prominent.  And I know, if that's all I have to complain about, I'm really being narky about something that will eventually fade.  But seriously?  They couldn't invent a dye that absorbs in 2-3 weeks??  I also think if I'm focussing on the little stuff it's a good distraction from worrying and stressing about the big scary stuff.  I just needed to have a whinge and a whine.

Comments

• poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    Mine lasted well over a year, nearly 18 months, fair skinned people absorb it longer it seems!  I forgot about it eventually until a health professional who hadn't seen it before would comment on it and then I would wonder if it would ever go away ......but rest assured it does!
  • duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Mine is still there but fading. It’s thirteen months since my surgery.