Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

new bone lesions....help whats next for me

Options
2»

Comments

• Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi @Joinmelb
    Sorry to hear that you have more bone mets than originally expected. Your treatment probably won't change as you just have more mets all of which are bone. They may hold off on radiation. I have lots of bone mets in and around my right hip and I have chosen to leave radiation until I am in more pain as radiation (for me at least) is not about controlling the cancer but is about controlling pain. 

You can still have lots of success on the drug combination even though you have more bone mets, so don't get too worried.

Sorry also to hear about your husband - I think your cancer is more likely to be caused by him! Although there is no data to support, I am a firm believer in stress causing cancer. Also, many of us were diagnosed with cancer not long after stressful divorces!!

Look after yourself
    Lisa xx

• Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    @Joinmelb , sorry to hear about your mets.  Don't ever think you're to blame for your breast cancer. Nothing you've done has caused it.  You are well rid of your husband and as someone else said, he probably caused it from the stress he gave you. I too believe internal stress has a lot to blame . Wishing you the best.
    @Angelo thinking of you also, take care. Hugs xx
  • MeganM
    MeganM Member Posts: 60
    Options
    @Joinmelb I’m in the same boat and on the suggested treatment plan. Hope by now you’ve been able to meet again with your Oncology Team and they have provided answers and some reassurance too
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Joinmelb

Sounds like you're kicking goals! 
    Be proud and give yourself a well deserved pat on the back
    Take care

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thank you for popping in and updating us. I'm so pleased to hear you're doing so well! K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @joinmelb So glad things are going in the right direction.  Take care.