Travelling with a prosthesis

2»

Comments

• kmcin28
    kmcin28 Member Posts: 63
    Like at @Afraser I usually wear my prosthesis daily, I had some discomfort initially, living in the tropics it was a bit sweaty, but I have since bought a cotton cover for it, which made a difference. I would recommend a fitting as well. I am going overseas in July, all going well with my tests at the end of April. So have found this thread interesting. Happy Travels.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I guess it depends where the discomfort occurs and what is causing it @kingsmead.  I am always glad to get my bra off at the end of the working day (nothing new there) but for me it is because it irritates the skin on my side under my arm and around to where the drain was post-surgery - an area that is at the edge of the nerve damaged spots so anything firm causes problems after a few hours.  However, I have some great singlet tops from Amoena that can have a prosthesis inserted.  They also do a light form that is less problematic for punctures.  Or maybe even a swimming form (particularly if you're planning on any swimming activities there).