Breast Cancer diagnosed 2 December 2018

Purplepea
Purplepea Member Posts: 5 New Member
edited December 2018 in Newly diagnosed
I was diagnosed with breast cancer and it has been whirlwind from the day of diagnosis which was the 2nd of December to my Surgery 5 days ago. I think I have been on a high, but looks like I am starting to come down now. There seems to be so many emotions. I guess it's all part of it. Love to All. xx
Tagged:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    So sorry to see you here, @Purplepea - but welcome - you are in the right spot for support & buddies who've been thru it before you

It is Totally normal to feel a bit flat after all that - even a bit down and a full range of emotions.  A good cry can be quite cathartic, too!!  

From detection to surgery is always a big blur - have you received your pathology results yet?  That is often a big wait too!  

If you have any questions about anything - whack them up either here or in a thread of their own ......

Take care, make haste slowly - enjoy Xmas & New Year -  make sure that everyone spoils you rotten!   ;)   Make sure you keep taking your pain meds until you are sure you don't need them!!  ;)   Do you have a small long pillow to help prop up the arm of the affected side ..... it can help with your comfort, particularly when sleeping.

cheerio for now xx
  • Purplepea
    Thankyou arpie. I much appreciate your response. I haven't had to take painkillers for a couple of days now which is good. I have a pillow. It is very helpful. I feel very blessed that my family and friends are so supportive. I don't know what I would do without them. xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    Terrific that you have such good support, @Purplepea ..... Great that you are in control of the pain, always a bonus.  

If you feel like a bit of a laugh - click on these links - and if you have any 'funnies' you'd like to add - feel free to add them!!  We all need a laugh now & then!!  ;)  

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/20086/christmas-funnies-put-them-up-here-for-a-laugh#latest

and

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19807/a-bit-naughty-but-funny-show-us-your-naughty-ones/p1

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Sorry to see you here @purplepea but glad you have found us.  Rest up, do your exercises, let you family spoil you and try to breathe and come online when you need some info, support or the odd laugh.
  • Purplepea
    Thankyou Sister. xx
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Sorry to see you here Purplepea but welcome.
    You have come to the right place for support and to ask any question that you may have answered by one of these wonderful people.
    We here all know to well what you are feeling and going through.
    I was recently diagnosed late October with triple negative breast cancer, just had surgery two days ago waiting results.
    Take one day at a time and breath.
    We are all here anytime.
    sending cyber hugs ❤️
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    It certainly is a ride at the beginning and the season of Xmas makes us reflect on our "near miss" and how precious our time with our families are. Welcome to the forum. 
  • Purplepea
    Hi Shellshocked2018
    Sorry to see you here also. When will you get your results. I hope you are not in too much pain. What sort of Surgery did you have, if you don't mind me asking? My love is with you all. 💖💖💖
  • Purplepea
    Thankyou Primek. It certainly is a ride. It brings lots of thoughts to mind. How precious each day is. 💖💖💖