New and just diagnosed with TNBC

Options
2»

Comments

• Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Hi Heathy78, sounds like you have a plan and are being in control more.
    With what I have heard and the wonderful  women that I have spoken to here online and other women I know who have had Chemotherapy, there are so many different stories on how they coped and side affects they have all had. What I have heard from all of them though, is that it is doable.
    Everyone deals with Chemotherapy differently, I’m yet to start mine. My surgery is in 14 days then I will have a plan of how much Chemotherapy and radiotherapy I will need.
    Keep us posted on how you go, sending hugs your way ❤️
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Heathy78 Glad that you have a plan that makes you feel comfortable with treatment.  As others have said, run things by your onc to make sure there are no contraindications.  The last thing you want to do is to go through all of this only to find that something you took made it less effective (such as grapefruit!).  And don't beat yourself up if you can't follow the healthy diet that you want to.  You may sail through it with very little issue or you may find it more of a slog.  There is a discussion somewhere on here about what people found they could eat during chemo.  Personally, pasta with tomatoes and olives and pesto was a favourite for me.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Heathy78 I had mastectomy and all nodes and CT scans were clear. My oncologist told me it was up to me if I wanted to do chemo - she would be happy whatever I decided. She said the only reason she would lean towards it was because of my age (43) and just to prevent recurrence. She said if it came back we would be looking at curative treatment so I decided to go ahead. I had 4 rounds of TC chemo - wasn’t the most fun thing I have ever done but doable and I managed to work a lot during it. At least I know if it comes back I did everything I could and I won’t be kicking myself for not having chemo xoxoox
  • Heathy78
    Heathy78 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Just a quick update - first round of chemo was last Wednesday (a week ago). The fatigue was overwhelming from Saturday through to Monday, but gently lifting now. I managed a yoga class last night which was gentle and calming. Today I managed a trip to the market with my mum (to help carry the bags)!!!

I’m able to eat pretty much most foods (except the oily fish that was recommended!). Crackers with avocado and salty goats cheese are the best! 

Only had one mouth ulcer so far. 

Hoping to do a few hours of work from home tomorrow if my energy levels keep improving. 

Round two is scheduled for 27th! So far, not too bad. 

I’ve also set up a website for tasks that I need help with (now that I know what I can and can’t do myself). It’s called Gather my Crew. It allows people to log on and accept tasks that you set up. Really good for meals, cleaning and other help with dog walking and appointments. I’m very lucky to have such amazing friends and family - lots of people wanted to help so the website is a good way for people to do that! Highly recommend it. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Make haste slowly, @Heathy78 ..... Do what you can when you feel up to it.  With the chemo, you may have to cover up really well when out in the sun too.

Re your mouth ulcer ... maybe get a really soft toothbrush?  If it is a medium or hard - it could be doing the injury that turns into the ulcer.

WOW!  Well done on that App!!   Can you add my name to it!??  ;)   Terrific that you have a great support crew around you

Have a great Xmas xx