Newly with breast cancer - Shellshocked2018_

Options

Comments

• Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Hi Wonk, surgery is booked for December 19th for a partial mastectomy,the plan so far is surgery first, Chemotherapy for six months having it every three weeks, then Radiotherapy 4-6 weeks , five days a week.
    As I’m aware this may all change very quickly once I’ve had my bone and CT scan done next week if it shows up anything else. 
    Also depending on what happens with the results from surgery whether it has a clear margin?
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Kitkatb, thank you for your support, it’s nice to speak with someone who has been diagnosed with a triple negative. 
    Original results were a 15 mm size quite deep under the armpit behind the nipple.
    Original result said that there was no evidence that there was any cells in the lymph nodes, this screening was done around 4 weeks ago. I’m just so scared being a triple negative being told it’s fast growing.
    surgery booked for December 19th for partial mastectomy, Chemotherapy after for  6 months, then reform 4-6 weeks.
    Early next week have bone scan and CT, depending on results things may change.
    Feelins so anxious, unable to sleep and so scared
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
     CathyMac, I’m so sorry for your diagnosis, this is such a hard time for us all.
    Already visited surgeon on Thursday, booked in for bone scan and CT on Monday.
    Booked in for surgery December 19th, Chemo and radiotherapy booked in for after surgery depending on outcome, treatment could change.
    would love to hear more about your friend that also has the same as me triple negative as I’m just so stressed about it all
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,598
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I was lucky and missed out on the chemo .... being small and caught early (unusual for invasive lobular cancer) and was oest and prog+,  but her2- .... so I had breast conserving surgery (immediate reconstruction) followed up by 4 weeks radiation. I was 64 and already in menopause and now on hormone inhibitors for 5 years.

If you want to check out some thing special ... there is a uke festival in Fleurieu in Willunga this weekend!!  It is the best fun you can have sitting down!   I lead our local group and it saved me from going mad over the last 12 months!  ;)

I reckon that keeping busy is really important in helping you thru all this shit  ... ie doing things you love. ;)

All the best for next week’s tests xx

• CathyMac
    CathyMac Member Posts: 65
    Options
    @Shellshocked2018 great that you have your plan and date for surgery. Feel free to PM about my friend. She's been a pillar of strength for me and has been popping in to check on me. Big hugs. Stay strong, we've got this ❤️❤️
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thanks arpie, yes keeping busy is helping, when I sit still I think to much.
    When I first went into Breast SA for results and they told me I had breast cancer, I came out very upset and confident that they have caught it early, but after speaking to surgeon I’m in more shock as things were not what they appeared when first told. So it’s like I have just been told again and I’m in shock
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi @Shellshocked2018_. So sorry that you find yourself here. You're in the middle of a truly shitty time, the worst bit really. Take some deep breaths when you feel overwhelmed, and distract yourself as best as you're able.

You might like to have a look at this thread which was started a few months ago by one of our members with TNBC:

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19397/triple-negative/p1

I was diagnosed almost a year ago now. Hormone positive. Click on my @ to read a summary of my story. For the first 10 days I was so angry, and then I started to cry and continued for a month... You let your feelings out, it's no use bottling them up. It is a comprehensive shock this diagnosis. Don't fight that. But know that you can manage. Hang in there. Big hug, K xox
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thanks kmakm will take a look at the thread.
    will read your story and talk
  • Mantis
    Mantis Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Sorry about your diagnosis @Shellshocked2018_

I’m also triple negative and was diagnosed at the beginning of August. I’m having similar treatment as what has been suggested for you. I’ve had surgery, am currently in the middle of chemo and will have radiation once chemo is finished.

I was also terrified and overwhelmed in the beginning but found that once I knew what the treatment plan was I felt more in control. I found the Cancer Council Podcasts ’The Thing About Cancer’ to be really helpful, particularly the Dealing with a Cancer Diagnosis episode.  

Hang in there. You’ll have ups and downs but reach out in here when you need support. There’s always someone who gets it xxx
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thank you so much Mantis, let’s beat this shit! Please keep in touch as I would love to share this journey with you.

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @shellshocked you poor darling ! It's a crap thing to be going through & a steep learning curve to get your head around everything 
    The other lovelies have already given you great advice , I didn't have the same type as you so can't offer support regarding that .
    When your awake in the middle of the night come on here & find the night howl thread , there's usually someone else in the same boat happy to chat at any hour . There's always someone 'howling'!!
    good luck going forward , deep breathes & remember the treatment here in Australia us pretty damm good .
    big hugs xx
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    ❤️ thank you I will keep night howl thread in mind at all hours of the morning.
    Thankyou tigerbeth
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Shellshocked2018_ The ladies have said it all, I think but welcome.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @Wonk, @CathyMac and @Shellshocked2018_

Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thank you ❤️