Options
13»

Comments

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @kmakm
    @SoldierCrab
    Definitely got to have PINK sunnies with green ears and horns. A great look Kate.
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Options
    I was discussing this with a friend recently and she advised me she is "donating my brain if they can find it".  She has listed with the Brain Foundation.  Apparently, like general donations, it depends on how and when one dies but with the brain donation the time factor is not so critical. (Sorry, I am yet to look into it).  Her specific reason for the donation is for research into illnesses such as Alzheimer's.  I have been assured by nursing friends that the organ/brain donors are handled with extreme care as if it was a regular surgical procedure and the body can still be in an open coffin if that is what one wants to have. Me ?  Use what they can and burn the rest then chuck my ashes out in the ocean.  I figure that if there is no life after death who needs to keep the bits, especially when the thing has failed us, eh ?  It may be a sad subject to some but best one's family knows one's wishes.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    @BlackWidow. In my early working life, I  typed reports on post mortems. Our lunch room was in the hospital museum. So, we sat and ate with bits in bottles around us. I saw so many human brains which were intact, sliced and as slides.
    I do not want a funeral because I  figure if you can't  come to see me while I  am alive, stay away when I  am dead. I need to be cremated so I  don't  make a mess!
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Options
    @BlackWidow - you sound just like my Dad who was a farmer, felled trees with an axe at age 9, was in the Military Police during the war and of course dealt with death and dying everyday - this is farm life. He always said, 'When I'm gone, I'm gone - celebrate my life!' I have donated my body to science and have the same attitude as you, 'use what you can and burn the rest'. To those left behind, the grieving must be respected, but like my Dad, could you celebrate my life?
    Patti J I love your post too!

• MeganM
    MeganM Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Kattykit you can give blood providing you’re 5 years post treatment or less if you’ve had DCIS see guide below
    https://www.donateblood.com.au/faq/cancer