GP Management Support Plan or Chronic Disease Management Plan

Options
Brummie
Brummie Member Posts: 9
edited November 2018 in General discussion
Hello all, I am interested to learn whether anyone has a GP management plan or chronic disease management plan in place in support of your recovery back to a "new normal".  These plans are normally formulated by your GP and clinic nurse practitioner and may include: 5 free referrals per year for you to see a Physiotherapist, Dietician, Exercise physiologist, as part of a mental health plan a psychologist or anything else that may be provided in your state or territory that can help you on journey! 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    For psychologist and for oncology physio.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Yes it was a matter of course through my GP
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    Yep. Osteo and exercise physiologist
  • Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Had to ask for it, but last chemo today and will definately make use of it now.
  • smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Yes got it though gp had exercise physiologist and physio 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Yes. Dietician and mental health. Through my GP. Takes a bit of time for them to write it as the documents are quite detailed. You'll probably have to make a second appointment to collect them. They go by calendar year.
  • Brummie
    Brummie Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the types of support services that you have had as part of our management plans>  This is really helpful myself and others on this journey. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I got one for a shrink and physio
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi @Brummie. I've had physio on the plan in the past, and just got one for exercise physiologist at local cancer care organisation. You can have 5 appointments with one practitioner or you can do a mix - 2 dietician, 3 exercise physiologist. You can also change part way through the 5 and switch to another practitioner if you decide you don't need 5 of the same. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    The mental health plan is usually a separate pman.  If you have a chronic illness though you can see someone with the chronic care plan but you can have the seperate mental health plan  which could  mean up to 10 appointments if required.