Stage 3 Invasive Lobular Cancer diagnosis

Options
2»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Hi @Skinnylatte
    Just echoing the advice above - some go au natural, some get creative with scarves, I wore a light, easy to look after wig and although those I worked with knew all about my treatment, those who didn't had no idea. Many of us look remarkably (and slightly annoyingly!) well throughout treatment.

I never asked about a bilateral mastectomy at the start either, but I did later. Short answer is that with my family history of any cancer (none known), my diagnosis and condition of my remaining breast, I am at least as likely to get another cancer (or even recurrence) elsewhere in my body, if I get one at all. I didn't have a reconstruction and happily use a prosthesis, so I remain mono boobed. Checked regularly of course. Some find the fear too great but as I don't plan to remove other parts of my body 'just in case', I feel I can live with a small degree of uncertainty about my breast too. Easy to have this discussion when you are more recovered from your mastectomy, if your surgeon felt there was any pressing need to discuss that option, he/she would have done so already. Best wishes.