It’s new so I’m new

Options
2»

Comments

• Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    Options
    My public oncologist is the most wonderful caring person I have met, I have received calls from her at home and can call her personal mobile anytime if I have any concerns and when I had my first round of cancer I went as a public patient and was treated wonderfully by everyone and I had a private room even though I was  public patient in a country hospital.
  • Vallerina
    Vallerina Member Posts: 183
    Options
    My long wait was due to being transferred to a totally different hospital and because I wanted recon from plastic surgeon not breast surgeon and they had never seen me before there was a bit of waiting due to clinic days having to start the process as they run it and trying to fit me in to see both surgeons. They were lovely. There was a few glitches which I prefer to go into denial about and not talk about, but I am happy with the end result.
    Delays at original hospital were because it was actually closing down and the department being transferred to the new hospital at the time so they were a bit disorganised as to be expected. Alls well that ends well.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Joannie
    You comments have been removed from this thread as requested.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @FreckledGalaxy
    Welcome to the online network. Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer and needing to decide what surgery to have.  Dont hesitate to call our helpline on 1800 500 258 to speak with one of the cancer nurses for information and support.  It can be helpful to talk things over regarding your treatment options.  Hoping all goes well for your appointment on 22 October.  It would be a good idea to take someone with you.  Wishing you all the best.