Letrozole side effects

Options
2»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    Options
    @Josephine66  -  with your CRP & ESR 'above the norm' chances are, the Letrozole  could be exacerbating your existing pain levels (How long ago were the blood tests taken?  Before or after you started the Letrozole?)  

The CRP is checking ALL inflammation in your body too - not just your joints.  

A couple of years ago, my CRP was 90, then mid 40s, and usually sits at about 10-18.  An ESR I had back in 2015 was 42 (when the 'high end norm' back then was 30 - not 19 as on your report.)  I think I've only ever had the one ESR done - maybe time for another one!  At the time, I was on some anti inflams for an injury (Vioxx) that didn't suit me (not sure they are on the market any more) and I was well on my way to liver failure with it!!  So 8.7, whilst 'above the norm' may not be considered 'too high' by the Dr - just to be monitored. My GP back then wasn't worried about mine at 10-18, as it appeared to be MY 'norm' - til it zoomed up to the 90!! THEN she got worried! Everyone is different & their actual 'pain tolerances' are different too.  What may be quite painful for you, may be the norm for me - cos I've sort of get used to it over the last 30 years!  But check with your Drs to see if there is a specific link to the increased pain - and see if the alternative tablets may suit you better.

My mother had bad rheumatoid arthritis - but I've been told mine is osteo arthritis.  Rheumatoid is an autoimmune condition (the swollen knuckles & bendy fingers) whereas osteo is supposedly wearing out joints.  Hmmmm ... To be honest, I think mine is probably Rheumatoid - as my fingers & toes are 'east/west' and my mother's were very much disfigured in that way - way more than mine.

It is all about quality of life as well as reducing the chance of recurrence. 

• Josephine66
    Josephine66 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    @arpie blood test was done prior starting letrozole however only 2 & 1/2 weeks post radiation so likely still some inflammation from treatment. Ill ne having same tests again in couple of months. True about pain tolerances and how that can change with time. I was going to move taking tablet to evenings but am concerned it will effect my sleep or how I wake up? Im lucky enough to sleep through most nights and dont want to mess that up too.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi!  I take mine straight after lunch - that is a routine that works for me as I am still busy; like you, did not want to upset my sleep