The body I have been left with!!!!

Options
lgray3911
lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
So I was approached a few weeks ago by the owner and editor of a magazine in Cairns about doing a photo shoot for this months issue. They were doing a piece on breast cancer because of the month that is in it and wanted to get a pic of some local “survivors”. ( I live up the road in Port Douglas but had all my treatment in Cairns and some of the nursing staff and my team of doctors put my name forward) It was very confronting and 3 other women pulled out on the day leaving just 3 of us. Am so glad I did it!! The first step in learning how to love the body that cancer has left me with!! #fuckyoucancer! 
https://view.joomag.com/oasis-magazine-cairns-tropical-north-queensland-issue-26-oct-nov-2018/0954781001538105779/p32?short

Comments

• Piccme
    Piccme Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Wow @Igray3911, as a Cairns local I’ll be looking out for my copy. You look beautiful. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Wow!! What wonderful photos! Makes me want to do a photo shoot! Well done and good on you for making yourself so vulnerable for a good cause. You look amazing. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Good on ya!  Wonderful shot.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @lgray3911, wonderful photos!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Gorgeous photo!!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    All of you look so beautiful!  
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    @lgray3911 beautiful 💜
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Options
    Great pic Laura and such a great thing to do, so many of us are scared about what our bodies will look like after surgery. My husband calls my scar my battle scar, without it I wouldn't be here. It is truly brave of you @lgray3911 and the other beautiful women that posed with you.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Fantastic photos @lgray3911.  Good story by the publication and obviously a caring photographer.
    Oh, to be so brave and OK with what they've done to our bodies !  

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Bloody awesome and so beautiful 
  • Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Options
    Gorgeous photos xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,576
    Options
    Well done YOU!   Gorgeous pic!  xx