VITAMINS

Options
KateM
KateM Member Posts: 6
Hi All,
Just wondering what, if any, Vitamins you are on during chemo.  Has anything been suggested to you? My chemo program is AC & Taxol.
Thanks!! 😊

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Hi @KateM

I took Vitamin D as my D count wasn't good, and raised it significantly before starting chemo. Still keep taking it as I tend to stay out of the sun (burn easily) and it helps with bone density now I am on an AI. I also took Vitamin B to try and counteract peripheral neuropathy with Taxol. Not sure if the latter did any good, might have done more if taken it earlier but I think it did help. Both recommended by my oncologist. Always best to check anything you are taking with your oncologist. Best wishes.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hi @KateM,

Definitely check with your onc as @Afraser said.  There are some vitamins they don't like you taking during chemo.  I believe vitamin c is one.
    I was told not to take anything as all my levels were good.  Same chemo as you.

xoxo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Vitamin D. Been taking it for years as I don't maintain good levels without it.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    My oncologist wanted me to take vitamin D and that was pretty much the only vitamin I took during chemo. My onc told me to use this app as it is the one she refers too as it is from a cancer centre in the states.