Inspirational video...

Options

Comments

• LucyDee
    LucyDee Member Posts: 107
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I don’t know about anyone else but having this video pop up on my Facebook timeline, couldn’t have been more timely as I’m still trying to get my head around someone I trusted deciding ‘because I care’ she says, that I’m no longer needed as a volunteer for her rescue group....’because you’re sick’, she says......Ok, yes, I have stage 4 Estrogen positive breast cancer that took a detour through all 40 Lymph Nodes in my right arm pit then decided to check out my T11 vertebrae and skull.....BUT I’m taking my meds like a good ‘girl’ and have completed five weeks of radiation, without any side effects ‘yay me’. So, I’m still feeling like I did prior to lumpectomy in March. And given I was born with Spina Bifida and spent a lot of my childhood in hospital, I know what it feels like to be SICK, but so far, I’m not.....So the video is to remind ourselves that despite our illness, we are still worthy and useful and have something to offer...

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    So true @LucyDee. Sorry you feel so let down. Just because we may have an illness doesn't equate to being able to nothing. Interesting video btw. It certainly makes you think.