Cardiomyopathy and chemo ...... a serious condition to be aware of

Options
13»

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    What a horrible piece of work @Brenda5 . She definitely deserves some 'feedback'  If you want to the your oncologist before October, you can see your oncologist. Or change practitioners. 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Arpie, SVT is supra ventricular tachicardia. Basically my heart rate went from 60 to 80 straight up to 170 and stayed there. The ER used half of a Metoprolol pill to bring it down and I stayed on those for a year.
    When I changed to Letrozole my heart rate went into Atrial flutter which is when the heart rate goes 60 to 80 up to 140-160 and within a minute or two back to original rate, then another minute its back to 140. The ER doctor that time told me I was having two heart beats with two electrical impulses at the same time. Metoprolol a few doses did eventually bring it under control and now I am on Sotolol to control the heart rate. I have gone off the Letrozole three weeks ago.
    I had an out of the blue Atrial Flutter yesterday afternoon too although it was more mis-beating heart than racing. The Sotolol did keep it in check and I didn't have to go to ER. I slept like the dead afterwards as it feels like you ran a marathon. 
    The oncology nurse said she would ring me back when she talked to the Doctor. To date she hasn't rang back. I can't make them do their jobs and anyway I feel fan-flaming-tastic while off the Letrozole. Now THIS is living!