St Andrews Luncheon - Adelaide

Options
Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
Are any of you SA women going to the St Andrews Hospital Annual Breast Cancer Day Luncheon? I've received the invitation and I'm trying to decide whether to go, paticularly given it's in the middle of the school holidays.

Comments

• Sister
    Options
    I've sent my acceptance off so let me know if I should look out for you!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi @Sister, I went to one of their luncheons and really enjoyed it. It was a great opportunity to meet other women going through similar experiences. I missed the second one because I was overseas, but I would have gone along again. It was what I needed at the time, solidarity, support and acceptance. Have a lovely time there. 
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @Sister @Rose18 GREAT NEWS!! I will be going & can't wait to catch up with you & anyone else. @Sister I have just posted on the Rad & Mepitel forum & asked you the same question!! I wondered the same thing if anyone else will be going & would love to catch up with anyone from this forum who will be going. So excited to hear you have accepted. i will be taking my niece (as my sister will be in New Zealand). We will definitely have to arrange for us all to meet...how wonderful it will be & quite emotional having been "forum buddies" for so long & finally getting to hug you all in person!! Look forward to hearing who else is coming!! I'm soooooo excited now!!!! xxxxxxx
  • Sister
    Options
    Excellent news that you are going! It will be so nice to meet in person.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Sister @Anne65 Marvellous!
  • Anne65
    Options
    @Sister Hope you doing OK & recovering after the radio. It does still take a while after treatment finishes so dont push yourself as you have to be fit for the luncheon next week!!
    Not long now.... So looking forward to it & my niece is excited to come along with me. We will have to organise to meet somewhere along with any other ladies from here.

Are there any other ladies going to the luncheon out there ??????

take care & hoping you are well enough & able to still come next week. Hugs xxxxx

• Sister
    Options
    Looking forward to it, too!
  • Sister
    Options
    I met the lovely @Anne65 at the luncheon today - as beautiful in person as she is online!
  • Anne65
    Options
    What a special day this was. the first cancer function I have been to & it certainly didn't disappoint. Many words & emotions come to mind when I think back on the day - Support, Love, Sharing but probably the word i would best use is EMPOWERING!! the speakers were amazing but the highlight of the day was meeting my very first forum buddie, @Sister . This amazing women is even more beautiful in the flesh, both inside & out & it was quite emotional & overwhelming to finally meet someone you have grown to know, in person. We both first posted at the same time, were both diagnosed at the same time, surgery together at the same hospital but she has had a much rougher & tougher road than me but she looks incredible. the friendships we make on this forum are life changing & to meet someone in person who has been with you from the beginning, is an incredible feeling. Unfortunately we were on separate tables but they were adjoining so we could catchup in the breaks. i reckon if we sat together we would have chatted all day & missed everything! Thanks @Sister for a special day & your wonderful words above. Hugs & much love xxxx