Pathology and understanding it ... by NotHappyJan

Options
SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
 posted here so we can support and answer with Links 

NotHappyJan
DSIS & IDC NOS - 54MM Grade 3
ER & PR Positive 85% both

Okay this is part of my pathology report.

Yep gotta go down the chemo , radio and hormone lines.

I'm not totally sure what it all means, so if anyone can explain in really simple terms that would be great.

Also, for those that have gone down these paths roughly how long will I be lookinig at for treatment?

My team are meetinig on Thursday so  I'll find out more on Friday.

Many thanks 
August 18Comment
  • iserbrown
  • primek
    primek
    Might be best if you post in msin area. Where the blogs are press bew discussion there. You can copy and paste this. That wasy I can give you links etc that work.
    August 18

• Brenda5
    The first bit is more or less the positioning of the cancer and what parts of the breast that are affected. The size is rather large area and as a result of that the grade has increased from a 2 (mine was 2 at 2.5cm) to a grade 3. ER and PR positive is a good thing as the cancers growth is linked to your hormones which can be managed with hormone therapy to stop it coming back after treatment. Chemo minimum would be 3 months and probably radiation would be another 3 months minimum. I had a single mastectomy so I did chemo but didn't have to have radiation. 
    I am guessing a total of 6 to 12 months treatment for you and then 5 to 10 years of hormone therapy which is just a daily pill.
    8:15AM

Comments