Halfway through, my thanks to you ladies

Options
jmichelle
jmichelle Member Posts: 15
Hi everyone haven't been writing anything for a while but still enjoy reading your stories, round 2 yesterday and injection today TC x 4, back to every 21 days now,  so happy that it is finishing a bit earlier( every week counts in this journey lol) started losing hair last round, so number one clippers was very liberating(not so much the falling out prickles, itched like a bitch), now have a hilarious looking mix of bald and spikes, it's freezing here in Goulburn now so hats are the norm anyway, had a few ups and downs but with three teenagers at home life is as normal as we can make it, which helps to keep a good mindset, on the days when it's hard my room is a great sanctuary for a vent or cry, then I read your stories and funny comments makes me stronger to get back on the crazy train with a get this shit done attitude. So a big thank to everyone, you have supported me without even knowing it and make this journey less bumpy xxxxx

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Glad to hear you're making your way through it!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh yes, that itchiness and sensitivity as the hair was falling out was insane! Such a relief when it stops. Showers are bliss though now eh?

I hadn't felt that bedroom sanctuary feeling since I was an angsty teen. Definitely had it on chemo (four kids and an 85yo father-in-law).

Super post to read, thank you for writing it. Take care and good luck for the rest of your treatment. K xox
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    That’s what we are all here for love. I Often use this one 

bc is a massive shit creek and you have to keep paddling on through it and even if you capsize and fall face first in the shit there is always someone on here to hold your head up pull you out and paddle along side you love. Keep paddling. If you get the wobbles just let us know. Big hug. Margie. Xx
  • jmichelle
    Options
    Thanks @sister,@iserbrown, @kmakm, @onemargie , for the wonderful words, I am taking this a day at a time, (welcoming back the lovely heartburn I don't know how I forgot about you lol, ) time to get the diary out and jog the foggy memory. Have as great a day as you can on this crappy ride, hugs to you all xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,579
    Options
    All the best for your ongoing treatment, @jmichelle  ...... yes, the loopiness of many of our members definitely helps to 'lighten the load' ..... As I always say to my uke group - you don't have to be mad to join the group - but it helps!  ;) 

I hope your side effects don't cause too much angst & that you can cope with them.  I was lucky & dodged the chemo bullet - but watched my husband go thru it in 2010 with his stomach cancer.

take care xx
  • jmichelle
    Options
    Thanks@arpie, must admit have had a pretty good run so far with side effects(fingers crossed so I don't jinx myself lol) heaps of fluids and keeping as active as I can manage, has really helped me though, other days it's just a reading day that works too. Taking it a day at a time, makes it all a little less overwhelming. Your uke group sounds like it would be great fun, what a great way to spend time, hugs to you xx
  • Trikki2
    Trikki2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    So exciting to be halfway. Wohoooooo. Oh the hair itching and sensitivity is annoying isnt it. Keep on smashing it lovely xoxox
    Trikki2 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Trikki2 It really is but it'll be gone soon. Are you having fun with hats and scarves?!
  • Trikki2
    Trikki2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    I have 1 hat. Im not really sure where to get things. I love this little bamboo hat though. Xx 
  • kmakm
    Options