Cycle 1 done

Options
2»

Comments

• Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    My taste buds have gone off but not on food just drinks. All drink doesn’t matter what tastes weird so I’m struggling to drink enough and I never knew water to give you indegstion but there you go
  • Fletch
    Fletch Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Thankyou so much for sharing your first experience. If you can get thru all that, I am determined now to get thru also. :)
    Well done, I hope to be as strong as you Sarnicad!
    How many rounds do you have to have?

• Sarnicad
    Options
    Well tomorrow brings cycle no 2 and I’m having a pity party today. Not looking forward to it probably because side effects were so shit last time and today a heap of my hair has dropped
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'm guessing that cycle no. 2 means halfway - that's how I looked at it, anyway.  And while everyone is different, many of us have found that the second one isn't has bad.  I think your body just goes into a kind of shock with the first one.  Plus, you know how it plays out now and what to expect and when - that makes it a lot easier to manage, both physically and mentally.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Cycle 2 was my best one. Hang in there, K xox
  • Fletch
    Fletch Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi @Sarnicad, had my first round today. I truly hope round 2 is much smoother in every way for you.
    Take care.xx
  • Sarnicad
    Options
    @fletch thanks I honestly don’t believe it could be worse!  Have made a few changes started taking the indigestion meds early this week to try to get ahead of that one. Very mild meals and smaller more frequent ones have been advised by the dietitian also no fluids half an hour before or after eating and I’m willing to give all these a go. I will also be having an injection on Saturday to help with white cells as well hopefully these will make a difference
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Sarnicad. U will get into a routine with your meds for each time xoxoxo
  • Sarnicad
    Options
    Well cycle 3 is done and dusted apart from my nuevlasta injection tomorrow

bloods are good - got a whale stamp with wow on it from my onc!  That was pretty exciting

nurses are happy with my hair position so the cold cap went on again today

i sleep a bit looked at stuff looked out the window and worried about bday presents that haven’t arrived as yet for the weekend hubby tomorrow youngest son Sunday 

im so excited that I only have one more chemo session to do

was chatting with someone else today that had done the same but was up to herceptin only and she was telling me about her experience which gave me a lot of hope
  • kmakm
    Options
    Bloody well done @Sarnicad. It's amazing how routine it becomes eh? And life goes on. What's next for you after chemo?
  • Sarnicad
    Options
    So one  more chemo 27/9 
    then herceptin by itself starting 15/10 which will run for the year from my first dosage supposed to be 14 in all
    radio to start 3 weeks after chemo finishes so best get on my bike and start organising that one
    there willbe 6 weeks of that due to youngish age plus large boobs
    once this is done there is a discussion to be had re es+ and what that means plus maybe some genetic testing. The onc avoided that saying we’d be busy doing all these other things which we are and we’d talk about it later

once radio is finished the dietitian gets het hands on me to start working on getting my weight down to reduce I guess so many risk factors

alao need to make appointment with exercise physiologist as well. Somewhere in here I need to go back to work notionally full time!  Yep given I needed a nap after 2 and 1/2 hours that will be fun times

• kmakm
    Options
    @Sarnicad Having BC is a full time job...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Sarnicad It's a good thing when the end of a treatment is in sight.  But as you say, still more to tick off.  It may still be a while before you are ready to go back full-time - I've finished chemo and rads and I still get so tired.  I'm hoping that by mid-October I've got my stamina back (and hopefully some brain power) so that I can go back into the fray.