Cycle 1 done

Options
Sarnicad
Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
edited July 2018 in Newly diagnosed
having a mini break (ha ha ha) in hospital for cycle 1. Admitted Tuesday for port insertion (I wish they'd work out how anxious they make not running on time). Arrive to be admitted no paperwork!  Thank god I had my clinic email phone calls while they hunt down the necessary then hurry up and wait, finally get to procedure room about an hour and a half after the due time. Failed cannula insertion by nurse, more bruises radiologist says I get the first bit done and then give the sedation no choice but would have had less tears the other way around.  Port in!  Rest of day spent meeting oncology nurse - lovely, and having an ecg for baseline.   Oh and chasing the drugs I had to have before bed that the lovely non oncology ward knew nothing about so i had them chasing up. One nurse said the rooms are closed my so call my dr they didn't know how to take.  Lesson in must be active in treatment management must take notes if more than one thing
Yesterday was my chemo day extremely anxious at the beginning - I don't have FOMO I have fear of the unknown. A bit of sedative some anti nausea some panadol capsules(! Woohoo the good stuff instead of tablets) cold cap on - for me this is tolerable 10 mins was excruciating and then nothing after that. More drugs through the port and then the chemo started 
  Finished about 4.30 I sure my 5 toilet trips made it longer but hey I will so this my way

asleep early ,tonight but clearly awake now

so far so good supposed,to be home tomorrow but we will see how the day goes as I think there are still things to be done before I leave hospital
Tagged:

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    What a day for you @sarnicad but it sounds like you got through okay and that's 1 lot done!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    One down @Sarnicad. It's an extraordinary business eh? I found the fear of the unknown going into chemo almost crippling but you get through. It should all go a lot smoother next time. Fingers crossed your side effects aren't too bad and that you're home soon. Mini break, lol! K xox
  • Trikki2
    Trikki2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    Xx hoping your side effects are manageable. Yay for 1st round done 
    Trikki2 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Sarnicad what a relief to have the first treatment done.  Take care of yourself over the next few days.
  • Sarnicad
    Options
    Home now after a flurry of appointments/catch ups with staff but all good. Next few days are rest rest and more rest
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Rest is best @sarnicad . Get all you can. Mxx
  • Sarnicad
    Options
    I've decided I need to turn a blind eye and near enough as along as we are not living in a slum might have to be good enough. 

Kids gave me a giggle with their rating of dads efforts, tries his best!  Clearly 2 days in hospital is enough to make them appreciate me
  • Sister
    Options
    Tell the kids that it's not all up to dad!
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 943
    Options
    Rest...rest...rest. I would say "It will still be there tomorrow" and "The Queen's not coming", whilst I was going through chemo. So long as any unwanted life forms hadn't taken up residence, close enough was good enough for me with my family.
  • Sarnicad
    Options
    You ladies make me laugh - for one  child I’m definitely worried about unidentifiable life forms hubby struggles with how best to get the kids moving in the morning I had to get them going but everyone failed to mention there was a band rehearsal they had to be at school by 7:30so my going wasn’t as fast as it should have been! Oops 
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Sarnicad, leave them to it, they will soon work it out. During chemo, after two weeks of not being on deck in the morning (four kids) I reappeared and was told in a tone that clearly indicated I was interfering, it's all right Mum, we know what we're doing, go back to bed!
  • Sister
    Options
    It doesn't hurt them to realise that they can take responsibility.  Mind you, I got the cold shoulder yesterday for not remembering to wake my middle child exactly at the time she wanted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister I'm reporting you to the DHS...!  ;)
  • Sister
    Options
    Even more so - I laughed in a vaguely humoured way.
  • Sarnicad
    Options
    Yep I agree we just have to find our new level