Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Well it could be Canberra

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I for one have had enough of winter. You keep your cold stuff down south. :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @romla True.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Romla   :o
  • Romla
    Options
    @Brenda5 We usually head up to TNQ most winters for a break sadly not this year as my sons are in year 12.Missing it badly as is a cold wet and windy one this year.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    @Romla, lol, can I officially complain now? Canberra is where I am!
  • Romla
    Options
    Pretty place @lrb_03 but how on earth do you get thru winter ?
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    With good heating! And layering your clothes. Not as bad in some ways, as when I was growing up. I have internal access to my garage, my car warms up fairly quickly, and most places you go to are well heated. The flip side of the cold nights is the beauty of the crisp clear days
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi all Sorry Warm days here for sydney and up the coast....out back  the bush turkeys are starting to get restless
    Cheers Bright
  • Romla
    Options
    @brightspace Groan - toughest part of our year in Adelaide Hills coming up soon - August. House has spent months as a Chinese laundry ,lately been very wet, cold  and windy but plenty of red gum so fire roaring.August is when the damp gets into your bones and admit starting to do so for this Letrozole lady .Still am trying to keep exercise classes and walking going but difficult some days.

But the good news is Spring is on the way and waiting to see the garden realise it.
  • Sister
    Options
    The problem is @romla that it's mostly all been drizzle over our way in the Hills - we've had hardly any of the good downpours that fill the tanks.  We've only just kept ahead of things with the water situation so not sure how we're going to get through Summer as we're not on mains.  
  • Romla
    Options
    Oh dear- not good @Sister as remember some winters without much rain.We are on mains but not much water pressure.We run on a series of pumps and tanks but atm the latter are full.We do run out however over summer trying to keep the garden alive and need to shandy the tanks overnight.
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Hi ladies in SA, here on the Yorke Peninsula, farmers are desperate for rain, at home we are on mains, but we have rainwater plumbed into the house,for the first time in three years we had to go back on to mains last summer, all we seem to get is drizzle, we need a decent downpour, perhaps I should go out at midnight on the full moon and do a rain dance!!!

• Sister
    Options
    Only works if you do it in the nick @wendy55! Too bloody cold!