Positive for both hormones and her2

Cab
Cab Member Posts: 14
edited July 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Hi 
I am 36 years old and have just been told the results from my surgery.  Positive for both hormones and her2.  Has anyone been through this.  I am also being tested for the gene. Starting chemo amd herceptin and then radiation and further hormone drugs. 10cm dcis with 1cm invasive and spread to sentinel node.   Just looking for someone to talk to about this. I am freaking out with the staging and percentage of life expectancy.   My kids are just 4 and 8.  I am not coping with this at all

Comments

• Prime time
    Prime time Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Candaceburke1
    sorry you find yourself here but rest assured we are all here to support you every step of the way 
    my diagnosis is different to yours in that I’m hormone negative but Her2 + , I do have lymph node involvement but am doing chemo first before surgery,so I’m not the best person to give you advice but didn’t want to just scroll on
    sending lots of love and hugs to you xxxx
  • Cab
    Thank you so much prime time.   The her2+ thing is terrifying. How are you coping? I hope your chemo goes well.  Kit.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited July 2018
    I don't have the same diagnosis (lcis, node positive, ER & PR+, HER-), but I do understand the fear particularly when you've got young kids. You will find there's a number of us on the site.  You may want to join the group for young women and I'm sure @soldiercrab will give you some handy links, etc.
    The diagnosis can be so overwhelming. Try to take one day at a time, avoid google, and come here when you want support, info, the odd laugh or just to rage at the world.
  • Cab
    Thank you sister.  I appreciate your words and wisdom. Xx
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Hello @Cab it can be an overwhelming and very frightening time when provided with a lot of information and decisions to make. Please don't hesitate to contact BCNA and speak to a cancer nurse on 1800 500 258 for support.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    hi Cab,
    So sorry you have had to join us here on BCNA but this is a great supportive bunch and they will share their experiences and help you navigate the Roller Coaster ride called BC 

Below are a couple of links to help you find your
    way around the forum and also how to find a breast care nurse and how to order
    a MY journey Kit if you haven't got one yet. 

It can be a whirlwind when we first get a
    diagnosed.... Breathe and take it one step at a time. 

Navigating the online community
    formerly the what and how thread.

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/14879/navigating-the-online-community-formerly-the-what-and-how-thread

Breast Care Nurses

https://www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au/OurMission/OurNurses/FindANurse.aspx 

My Journey Kits and other
    resources. 

https://www.bcna.org.au/resources/

BCNA Helpline 1800 500 258

If you have any questions, concerns or require any further
    information or support please call 1800 500 258. BCNA’s helpline will now be open from
    9am-6pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 5pm Fridays.  

How to understand your pathology reports

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/understanding-your-diagnosis/tests/understanding-your-pathology-report/breast-pathology/breast-cancer-pathology.html

Soldiercrab 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    I hope you have been able to touch base with either a Breast Care Nurse link is above it needed and or BCNA helpline they will be able to give you specific information relating to your diagnosis. 

I am Triple Negative and I am cancer free and nearly 6 yrs from diagnosis ... 

Just ask any questions on here or have a cry, vent etc we get it .... and nothing is a stupid question on here. 

hugs Soldier crab 

• Cab
    Thank you so much @SoldierCrab.  I really appreciate it.  Wow triple neg and canver free.  Good on you   you are a soldier indeed. Xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    She is a warrior! As are you. K xox
  • Cab
    So in for genetic testing.  So much fun.  Needles are going to be my best friend. Lol
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Double have for that!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hi there. When you read about Her2 it is frightening. ...but wow ... we now have Herceptin. Your type of bc responds really well to chemo and herceptin.

I had similar diagnosis to you and had ACT-H chemo regime. I'm now almost 2 years out from chemo.

My niece also had similar diagnosis. She had 10 positive nodes from 20 removed.
    14 years on she continues with no evidence of disease. She described her treatment as liquid gold.

So take heart...many many survivors out there due to science and research. 

Kath x
  • Cab
    Omg thank you @primek.  That has helped so much.