Events for Women with BC

Options
2»

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Joannie @Nikov Our dog fell into the Yarra once (30 years ago). Words cannot begin to describe the horror of that smell!!
  • nikov
    nikov Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Oh God @kmakm how many baths did it take? I’m assuming your dog is better now?
  • kmakm
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @nikov It took three washes before we couldn't smell the river! My boyfriend at the time fished out the dog, who instantly rolled in the grass and was more than happy with his new perfume.  :p

The dog survived quite happily for many more years!
  • nikov
    Options
    @kmakm glad to know it only took 3 and not 5 :D

• nikov
    Options
    @kmakm glad to know it only took 3 and not 5 :D

• Michellebella
    Michellebella Member Posts: 21
    Options
    I have struggled here in WA to find support , Diagnosed in 2016 still waiting on the return call from a Breast care nurse ...Sadly there are so many of us being diagnosed everyday ....I was a Cancer Volunteer years back , and it was overwhelming then ...
    But have muddled my way through ,surgery ,chemo ,rads ...
    The blessing for me was this site in 2017 ...
    I have just found an amazing Cancer massage therapist,so helping with bone pain ....

• kmakm
    Options
    @JJ70 You seem well hooked up to services in WA. Any suggestions for @Michellebella?
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Michellebella are you in contact with Breast Cancer Care WA (BCCWA) ? They are AMAZING. I find it fabulous, as everything is centrally located there - breast care nurses, counsellors, support groups, special events etc. All free of charge. Solaris, also on the same site in Cottesloe is great for general cancer stuff. I am attending a 'Complimentary Therapies' evening tonight. Hoping to get the low down on Peripheral Neuropathy and Cancer Related Cognitve Impairment! :#
  • Michellebella
    Michellebella Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi , Think the problem has been I’m out of Town ...
    My Chemotherapy nurse contacted them for me , but never heard back ...
    i wasn’t even able to get a seat on bus for Radation , so went private with that too ...
    I’m seeing another Professor now for intense bone pain ( blood markers came back showing possible bone Cancer ) but scan showed not active ..So unfortunately at $425 a visit no HBF ,its just a ongoing nightmare .
    Free of charge , well hasn’t come my way yet ...
    That said I did attend a make up sessions when I lost hair , etc 
    It was brilliant...
    Will have a look and see If there’s anything I could travel to 
    Thank you x 

• nikov
    Options
    @JJ70 :)