Introduction: Hello

Options
Mighty Mouse
Mighty Mouse Member Posts: 8
Hi, This is my first time on here and I guess I should introduce myself. I am a breast cancer survivor who has been cancer free for the last 10 years. Yep, its great as I am around to seem my children grow up. I was diagnosed back in 2008 with hormone positive breast cancer that I found myself, just short of my 41st birthday. Had all my treatment at Peter Mac. Sentinel node biopsy, lumpectomy followed by two re excisions as there was no clear margin. 4 AC chemo treatments, lost hair, grew it back curly, still wavy, culminated in a single mastectomy followed by what was supposed to be 5 years of tamoxifen combined with monthly triptoterelin injections ( I was on a trail). Oh, I forgot to mention that when they did a biopsy on my breast post mastectomy they discovered a second tumor of a mucoid variety. Very lucky I be.  However, the whole process has left me with no libido, pain if I try and attempt anything and my partner becoming more and more hurt by it as his needs do not match mine anymore. So, of course the issue raises its head all the time both of us hurt and upset and now me on this site. Spoken to my medical oncologist said he would do a referral and alas nothing heard about it since that was last year at my review. :(

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @Mighty Mouse there is a group on here that may be helpful called “Let’s talk about vaginas” the admins are @SoldierCrab and@primek who might be able to help more.
  • Mighty Mouse
    Mighty Mouse Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Oops, sorry I thought I had put it on that group.

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Its ok Mighty Mouse I will get this moved to the group 

@Giovanna_BCNA
    @Marianne_BCNA
    Can this discussion be moved into Lets talk about vaginas please. 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Hubby and I yearn for October when hopefully I will go off the years of Tamoxifen and try Femara. No libido is awful. Absolutely nothing turns me on. I have just done menopause so I guess that played a part as well.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello @Mighty Mouse, @SoldierCrab
    Thanks for the message.  I have been unable to move this discussion into the 'Lets talk about vagina's' group as it is private.  I noticed that you have posted in the group Mighty Mouse which is great, I will close this discussion.
    regards
This discussion has been closed.