Herbs

Options
Kiwi Angel
Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
My oncologist just showed me this app and said this is the one that she uses to check what herbs are ok to take. 

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    It's brilliant - does vitamins and minerals too - is recommended by BCNA too - have used it heaps
  • Romla
    Options
    Do you want web address - has patient as well as doctor part and is easy to understand 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    That’s great @Romla. I know a lot of us on here are interested in vitamins. 
  • Romla
    Options
    Am getting the app too on my phone/ipad today
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Romla. I got it w d it looks like it has the descriptions for professionals and lay people. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Used it this morning!
  • Romla
    Options
    It does @Kiwi Angel have detail for medicalpeople and patients.Thanks for the tip about the app and is free too.There also is an app for android as well as apple hardware. What a find !
  • Romla
    Options
    Wow just found out you can put in the problem eg arthritic pain and out pops herbs etc that might help - now that is helpful
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    Ohh - I’ll have to try that. Saw that you can’t take calcium tablets while on tamoxifen too. 
  • Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Used it now very informative 
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My oncologist gave me a big thumbs up for that app today. I showed him the post and he said - yep, that’s great. You can definitely use that. 

Then he gave a looooonnnngggg talk about how I can take any supplement I want but the lack of real clinical trials for any supplement means that no-one really knows how effectIve they are for anything and the only two things that have been 100% proven to make a difference - are good ‘ol diet and exercise :smile:
  • Kiwi Angel
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Eastmum. I have been hearing a lot lately that I’d u aren’t deficient in something or don’t need it for any specific benefit then u r wasting your money as u should be getting everything from your diet. I just take vitamin D as I was low in it (and my oncologist said they think there is a link between low vitamin D and breast cancer), aged garlic tablets for my heart and blood pressure and fish oil for my arthritis. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Joannie - interesting isn’t it. My boss is low in vitamin D and was a little freaked out but she has regular checks as her mum passed away from breast cancer.