Complete Pathological Response

Options
JoeyLiz
JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
edited June 2018 in General discussion
I had my surgery (wide local excision and sentinel node biopsy) 2 wks ago, today I saw my surgeon and the pathology report showed a complete pathological response!!! So pleased! I have a bit of a seroma but not enough to warrant drainage, hopefully it’s gone by the time I have my radiation planning on the 12th, now to practice my breath hold!
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Woo hoo!
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Great news @JoeyLiz.
  • Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Best wishes - I go and get my results on second op (re-excision) on Wednesday.  Hopefully same as you!  :)
  • JoeyLiz
    Options
    Best wishes @Harvey1903
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Great news @JoeyLiz!
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    @JoeyLiz What is a "complete pathological response"? I have never heard that wording before.
  • JoeyLiz
    Options
    @Patti J it’s where the chemo has gotten rid of all cancer cells before surgery, as opposed to a “partial pathological response” where it’s just shrunk the tumour
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    OK. Thanks.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @JoeyLiz I didn’t know what that meant either but that’s  great news!!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Congratulations wonderful outcome 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Brilliant brilliant brilliant! I'm so happy for you. :)<3:*  K xox 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Fantastic news, just what I was hoping for, for you. Have been thinking of you today.

The best news you could have had. 

Be careful with thst seroma. I ended up with an infection in mine, 9 days in to Radiotherapy,  which the radiologist strongly recommended draining. Asked him to try to speak to my Rad Onc, but he couldn't get on to her. Worst decision I could have made, as you'd know. For the next couple treatments I was on the table for 1&1/2 - 2hours, took another week to get it back to a normal timeframe. Learnt my lesson the hard way  :p
  • JoeyLiz
    Options
    @lrb_03 yes I will be keeping an eye on it and if it doesn’t go by my planning session I’ll get it drained, I went into work today to say hello and my rad Onc was very excited as she already new the results, I told her of the seroma and she said we can check how it’s going before the scan 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Great news @JoeyLiz fantastic outcome for you !

Hope the rads go well for you , they should as you know the drill , probably daunting being on the other end of it !

Found out my rads start on 14/6 not really looking forward to this next bit !! :#