How long after being diagnosed with BC did u have/start treatment?

Options
2»

Comments

• smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    I was diagnosed on 10th April  first oncology app 1st may  started chemo on 5th saw surgeon on 3rd  may but as very aggressive oncologist recommend chemo first  surgeon happy with that as said would do breast conserving surgery . Op was 24th oct started rads 27th  nov all in public  system 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Lulu28 @Joannie ,yes it was all amazingly quick ! I have my GP to thank for organizing my biopsy for me so quickly . I had the mammogram & us one afternoon ,he called me at 9.15 the following morning  to tell me to go for the biopsy @ 11.30 that day ! I didn't have time to think or prepare (probably a good thing ) I've been extremely lucky .

I was very impressed with the care I received ,the team was a well oiled machine & everything flowed nicely. 
    What a shame that all hospitals /centres cant provide the same level of service ,making it even more stressful during the wait time .

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    Options
    Hi @Lulu28
    My GP found my lump (tiny) in late Nov after I attended for a pap smear.  I had an ultrasound & mammogram in early Dec. The Mam STILL missed it, even tho the GP gave the exact location!  (I have NO faith in Mammograms now!!) The Ultrasound was 'undecided' & recommended a biopsy, which I had between Xmas & New Year.

I was diagnosed with Grade 2 Invasive Lobular Cancer on Jan 5th (one of the more difficult ones to find 'early' as it is in amongst the 'grapes' of the boob, so tricky to feel by hand - so I was VERY lucky my GP has such GOOD HANDS)  but because most of the surgeons were still on Xmas Holidays til Jan 15th, saw my surgeon in Sydney on Jan 15th, had Sentinel Node Biopsy on 16th & surgery on 17th Jan.  I went private & whilst it did cost $3500 out of pocket - I didn't have to wait for it & I reckon I had the best surgery EVER & it is currently difficult to tell which boob was done at this exact moment!!  (My Rad Onc had to check her notes last week to see which boob it was - and the Onc yesterday was in AWE of how 'natural' my boob looks and will be keeping the name of my surgeon handy!)  He is Dr James French, working out of Westmead and HSS hospital Baulkham Hills.

I went on to have 4 weeks radiation (public at no cost) in March & am now seeing the Oncologist (public no cost) and started Letrozole as of yesterday.

All the best with your treatment & surgery - this is the BEST FORUM to be on for good old fashioned honest discussion on EVERYTHING!  If you have ANY questions, fears etc - raise them hear & you'll get helpful, informative advice.  xxxx