Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Strategies for those rough days

Options
2»

Comments

• MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi @Uffy - thanks for this. I am on Aramosin and I think it is the cause of the nightly sweat fest - three nighties last night. I agree breaks are good and I have taken them at times. I agree that trips are good - we are heading to Darwin and Kakadu in mid June and I am trying to focus on that. All the best
  • MoiraC
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for all your support and helpful suggestions - I knew you'd have some ideas and I have got some great reminders from you all. Just reaching out and putting it down in words helped a lot and hearing back from this great community gives me energy to keep going and to also get over myself sometimes!!  The nightly sweat fest continues but I figure if it is happening I have got a very nice ironed pile of nighties by the bed - 3 last night - oh joy but today I am laughing about it .Wishing you all well Moirac
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi @MoiraC. I don't really have anything to add to the excellent advice here. I'm still trying to work out how to handle my rough days! And they're not in the same league as yours. Just know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

For what it's worth I go for distraction (TV), trying to focus on other people's worries more than my own, and sternly reminding myself to stay in the moment as much as I can.

I do know that a study found that looking at pictures of cute puppies and kittens on the internet releases dopamine and oxytocin in our brains. So if all else fails! Big bear hug, K xox
  • MoiraC
    Options
    Hi @kmakm - thanks for this. I am a bit of a TV addict I have to admit and trying to increase the get up and move! Interesting about the puppies and kittens pictures - we have been talking a lot about getting a puppy of late - I am ambivalent knowing the responsibilities from 15yrs of labradors but keep coming back to thinking about a small little cute cavoodle....meanwhile looking at pictures

I hope you are doing well at home and recovering ok. all the very best
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Recycled greyhounds are the go @MoiraC They are not puppies which eliminates so many issues. A bit of exercise and a comfy place to sleep for 20 hours a day and they are happy. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thanks Moira. I'm doing OK though the sides of my foobs are inceasingly sore. Spent the last hour wrestling with the laundry tsunami, now having a rest.