Scared!

Options

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    You can always have your single, have your treatment then look at having the other removed with reconstruction at the same time. The most important thing is to tackle this. I had mine both off with tissue expanders inserted. I didn't require radiotherapy which can make reconstruction more complicated. 

Your breast surgeon will be the best to advise all this. I hope by now you have your GP appointment. Sonetime initial pathology shows cancer and the type takes additional testing. Hopefully by now your GP has that info. 
  • MaryB83
    MaryB83 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks primek I hadn't thought of that. Can't think much past this full body scan today...
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hi @MaryB83,

You've got some great info from everybody already.  Just wanted to wish you good luck with the scan.  I remember being too scared to ring for the results of this one.  I made my husband do it and just sat there crying while he did it.  Thankfully it was ok.  
    Try not to think too far ahead.  Just get through today lovely.

xoxoxo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @MaryB83 Good luck today. Remember, don't cross those bridges until you get to them. Big big hug. K xox
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Good luck today @MaryB83 xoxox
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @MaryB83 Good luck today! Take each step at a time & deal with the things you DO know as goal posts constantly change. I had invasive DCIS & had a lumpectomy with clear margins so only had to have 16 doses of rad as a precaution. I worried about things that never eventuated so hopefully you will get a good result too. I am back at work & have recovered completely. Think positive & let us know how you got on. Hugs xx
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Hi @MaryB83 - wishing you all the best with your scans today. So much great advice here already for you - this is the most amazing community. I had a double mastectomy just over 4 weeks ago and have had expanders put in with a view to reconstruction down the track. There are so many options for reconstruction these days with incredible results and foobs that look so very much like the real thing. 

Absolutely the most turbulent time is when you're working out your plan of action, and that's largely because you have no control. As soon as you're on track and know what you're going to have to do, it's much easier. You're back in control, you can get as much or as little information as you like, and make decisions.

I remember my first full body scan like it was yesterday. 'Scanxiety' is the absolute pits. I sat in the waiting room and took two tamazepam to calm myself down - I could feel my heart pumping somewhere around my throat and thought it was literally going to burst out of my body! But one of the best pieces of information that was given to me is 'don't write the chapter until it's happened'. It's so, so hard to do but one baby step at a time and you'll get through this.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. xxxxx
  • MaryB83
    MaryB83 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    So I have my scan results and I've never been more happy to hear the other areas in my body are 'unremarkable'. Have to have a bone scan Friday and also see my surgeon then. I do have a triple negative though
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @MaryB83 - isn’t it funny how we get so excited to be unremarkable - that is amazing news - very happy for you. Xoxo
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @MaryB83

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Unremarkable is excellent!! That's awesome news.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Wonderful news @MaryB83!!  xx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Fantastic @MaryB83So good to hear. No bridge there! K xox
  • Jenny004s
    Jenny004s Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi. I got my diagnosis today. ☹️ I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. I have no idea how bad it is just that I have it. I’m trying to stay positive but it’s hard. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Jenny004s good luck for tomorrow - big hugs xoxoxo