Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Faslodex / Xeloda / Ribociclib with Letrozole

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Of course @Joannie! It's a massive favourite here. My husband says that if I'd been baking it when we first met he would have married me instantly!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm - thanks - will send it in the morning. We should start a recipe thread  ;)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel I think we'd crash the BCNA server!
  • shus
    shus Member Posts: 10
    Options

Jude_M said:

@shus (from way back at the beginning of this post) - I'm wondering what treatment you and your oncologist decided would be best for you to move on to?  I hope you are going ok.  Also, good to hear that so many of you are doing well on Letrozole/Ribociclib.  I was diagnosed Stage 4 just a little too early for that combo, so I envy you.  Hopefully it will soon be approved as a second (or later) line treatment. xx  

Hi @Jude_M
    So good of you to ask, well in the end I went with faslodex as would rather leave the chemo tabs for as long as I can.  The combo was no good as I'm too far along and not first line.  So far thank god no major side effects, mild nausea and bone aches for first few days.  Just had my 3rd dose next lot 27th June.  It's not on pbs but unbelievably I had a huge win and my health insurance covered it.  Last bloods showed the marker had held this time so hopefully that's a sign it's all working.  Next bloods in Aug when they decide whether I stay on this or not, so Fingers crossed.   I can safely say April and May were one big blur!!
    Hope all is well with you ❤❤
  • FYONA1
    FYONA1 Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Hi @Tilly45
    im very worried about my next cycle and I'm still having bad thoughts about my future and the length of time that I have to live
  • Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi @shus
    I'm pleased to hear that you are going ok on Faslodex and not too many side effects. That will possibly be the next treatment for me too. Are the injections very painful? Great news that your health fund has come to the party and is covering it for you. Good luck with your next blood tests!
  • shus
    Options
    @Jude_M
    Injections are nothing us big girls can't handle, I have a great nurse, we warm up the syringes in our hands(As it's quite a thick liquid) for a out 15 mins before then she puts in very very slowly, they have an Ice thing they put on the skin for 5 secs b4 needle goes in to freeze area.. then after u massage area to get the fluid moving....bum is stiff and achy for a few days in both sides..  unless you get freezer burn like I did last week from that ice probe!!!
  • FYONA1
    Options
    Hi @shus
    i just wanted to ask you if you don't mind are you doing this form of treatment for metastatic cancer I don't know too much about your background 
    I was asking my nurse about this needle and was interested to know how it works
  • shus
    Options
    Hi @FYONA1
    I'm currently having monthly injections of the drug Faslodex, it's a hormone-suppressing drug and is given by injection to bum on both sides!...the drug itself is a thick fluid and so to get it to go in easily we just hold the drug's needle in our hands to warm it up, makes it so much easy to go in without pain,  at monash hospital they use these little ice probe, that they hold on your skin to freeze it before the needle goes in...works well, I never feel a thing.  :smile:
  • FYONA1
    Options
    Hi@gjf
    i just wanted to ask you how you are going with the ribociclib/letrozole combo
    im finished my first cycle and feeling anxious about starting my 2nd cycle next week
  • FYONA1
    Options
    Hi@ kattykit
    im just wondering how you're feeling and how you are going with the ribociclib/letrozole
    im finished my first cycle but scared of starting the second cycle
  • Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Hi @FYONA1, I have just started back up again, I had a mouth infection and my onc stopped it for a couple of weeks because my neutrophils were a bit low and she wanted to give me the best chance to heal, so back on for 2 days now and feeling fine, due for scans in a couple of weeks so will know more then but the first lot showed that it was working to shrink the tumours so I  am pretty happy with how it's going. I  am the opposite to you I think, I get anxious if I have to stop for any reason. It is still early days for you yet, at least give it until your first lot of scans before making a decision to change. Good luck and big hugs from Cath.
  • FYONA1
    Options
    Hi@kattykit
    im really scared as silly as I sound I have personal opinion on how I feel about the side effects obviously hair thinning I have very fine hair and I am petrified about how much more it will thinnen
    i am also petrified about this whole diagnosis and how long I will live
  • Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    Options
    @FYONA1, I am out with friends at the moment, I will message you tomorrow,try not to dwell too much on bad stuff.
  • FYONA1
    Options
    Hi@wendy55
    ive sent you a private message 
    thankyou