Weird Financial Pity Silverlining

Kiwi Angel
Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
edited April 2018 in General discussion
Just thought - I got diagnosed 3 months ago after a lumpectomy and now after a single mastectomy at the end of February I realise I’m about 500 to 600 dollars better off. I don’t know if any of you will recall but when I had my mastectomy my surgeon told me the next day that my lymph nodes were swollen and therefore I had stage 4 breast cancer and was in the fright of my life. He sent me to get a CT scan in my wheelchair whilst blubbering away and scaring everyone else and putting my husband and I through hell. The anaesthetist actually came in to see me the next day too and told me how sorry she was. Anyway, it turns out that my CT and lymph nodes were all clear and I’m actually 2a and my surgeon was a complete fu***it (needless to say I have an appointment with a new surgeon in a few weeks) but I have just realised I never got a bill from the anaesthetist for the gap which her receptionist told me would be between 500 and 600. Obviously felt sorry for me!!  At least I can use that money for a wig and prosthesis- silver lining. 
Tagged:

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Wow. @Kiwi Angel,

What a screw up that was.  Did you ever get an apology?  My goodness, they really should be sure of what they are going to tell you.  Glad you got a new surgeon and yay for the money saved as well.  
  • Kiwi Angel
    @kezmusc never!!  When he did the referral to the oncologist he was still talking about stage 4 cancer and none of us knew what he was talking about as everything was clear and there was no skin or muscle involvement. My oncologist got all my results for her pathologist to look at and they don’t know what he was going on about either. Monumental stuff up - they need to be sure when they tell u stuff and I know that lymph nodes could of been inflamed from 2 previous surgeries but when u hear stage 4 cancer logic goes out the window. I’ll take the pity discount!! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited April 2018
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

What a weird thing to say in this context... You gotta take them where and when they come eh?!
  • Kiwi Angel
    @kmakm I’ll take any silver lining or funny thing when I can! Xo
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    that's a dreadful thing to happen to you @Kiwi Angel the shock would have been awful. I bet you'll remember that for a long time to come. XXXX 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh lordy...what a twat. Glad you have a new surgeon. 
  • kmakm
    I got a free ink cartridge when I was newly bald from chemo. Full price $25!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Major twat ladies - I had to restrain myself from punching him in the balls when I slunk in and out for my recheck. @kmakm winning!!!  I also go a free clean from my dentist when I rocked up to my appointment with my drain bag and pillow!!
  • kmakm
    Awesome! I've had a few freebies but I can't think of any of them right now. Other than the ink cartridge, oddly. Maybe because it was the first.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kiwi Angel
    edited April 2018
    @Joannie. There are so many assholes out there but I continue to be surprised by the kindness of people u don’t expect. Some people I would of expected to be in my corner I have heard nothing from apart from a “like” on Facebook whereas other acquaintances have been touching base regularly to see how I am and telling me about the experiences their friends/family are going through. I even have received cards from my friends mum and my mother in laws friend whom I have never met!!  Anything free is an added bonus!!
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    I got a free soy candle at the chemist when I went to purchase bio oil to rub on my scar . I was quite touched. 
  • kmakm
    @Finch Very sweet of them  :)