It’s harder and lonelier now that I’m in remission. What’s that about?

Options
13»

Comments

• PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    I think it's invaluable to go to a paid listener of any kind. They write things down, they know it all and remind you of the things you said to them and you don't take it personally.
    My friends have got their own worries and can listen for only so long. And their advice is always biased, unwittingly but true.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Its sparrow fart and here's me stressing. This is Wood Week.
    An old mate has kindly gifted me a tree that has fallen where he wants to plough. I'm shitting myself. I look well, but by 1.30 I will be on my knees. With a chainsaw. This is the stuff that gets me down. 18 months ago I'd be looking forward to it, now I'm already making excuses for my poor effort.
    Oh well, they say 30 minutes of moderate exercise is good. I'll do a fortnight's worth in one day. Then do it again tomorrow. Gargh. 
     I'm borrowing his tipper so I'll only have to throw it on and dumpdit later rather than driving back and forward loading and unloading trailers. That's a good thing. I think. Wish me luck.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    It's not so much the wood, unless it's a good old hardwood that is green, then they can be heavy.  I'd imagine it is the weight and control of the chainsaw.  We come home with a couple of trees recently that need trimming to wood box size but are green so they will be stacked for next year.  As you know we never knock back an opportunity for firewood 
    Pace thyself accordingly
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I hope you've got a decent chainsaw and keep it sharp - I don't saw but I know that it's harder if the chain starts to blunt (my husband sharpens each tank).  But you probably know far more about it than I do.  But I do relate to the frustration of not being up to the physical tasks - it sucks.  I wish I could send you my kids to help @zoffiel.  Are there any local teenagers you can bribe to help load the stuff?
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Tipper unavailable. No tractor either to help load lthe big bits.. And the arse of it was on fire (caught alight when he was burning stubble) which I wasn't expecting. 3 tandem loads cut and I'm stuffed. Ive had to stash it rather than take the whole lot 90km home in one go. Oh well. A nap then a G&T. Too much black shot. Ewww.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Zoffiel Bugger
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @zoffiel I just posted on another discussion - please ignore because I can see the answer!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    oh bugger Zoffiel...... enjoy the G&T