Newbie with Questions about Surfing/Water

Options
2»

Comments

• ShellSurfing
    ShellSurfing Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks Margie @onemargie for your comments and hugs.
    I ended up choosing to have both off, which was lucky as they found a tumor 1cm in my other breast that wasn't detected in my ultrasound.
    I had my surgery on the 2nd May. I had 38 nodes (the lot) taken out on my right side, with 3 tumors ranging form 4cm to 2 cm in my right breast, like you I am triple negative.
    On waking from my surgery my surgeon was telling me I need further scans ASAP due to the number of lymph nodes they removed, these scans showed it had metastasized is in my neck and liver, a recon is not even in my world of thoughts now.
    I am waiting for my healing to finish to start chemo, should be in two more weeks if all goes according to plan
    Oncologist advised me it is about living my life comfortable now, worst part is the waiting, now I have to wait and see if the Chemo works to shrink the 6 tumors in my liver and 2 tumors in my neck.
    I am just wanting to get back into the ocean and enjoy everyday and be thankful for everyday now and try not stress over the outcome of my chemo or what my oncologist said to me.
    Love light and happiness Shell xxxx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Oh, bugger @ShellSurfing that is not good news.

If you are not already seeing a counselor, or similar, it might be worth considering. They can be good sounding boards and can help with things like getting a spiel together so you can explain what is going on in a way that covers what you want to tell people without losing the plot.

Best wishes for the coming weeks, this really is a shit of a disease. Mxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @ShellSurfing I hope your onc is as happy as mine for you to get back in the ocean as soon as you get the all clear.  It's the only place these days where I can completely let go of what the last few months have brought.  It provides peace and positivity.  (A bit cold for it down south at the moment, though.)  I don't know about surfing (I left trying to learn too late and my knees don't spring anymore) but I found that both gentle kayaking and paddleboarding did amazing things for my range of movement as I've had cording issues from the node removal.  My onc has been very supportive.  Keep us posted as to how you're going including wonderful days on the ocean.  Take care and all the best.  
  • ShellSurfing
    ShellSurfing Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks Sister and Zoffiel
    They matched an Oncologist to me that surfs, as my surgeon knew that was my main focus.
    So when the Oncologist and I discussed treatment/chemo, the option was given to me have treatment without hopefully too many side effects so I can still surf, paddleboard and enjoy myself on the water.
    It is a crap disease that unfortunately is becoming more common, life and lemons lol xx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Ah Shell, what a bugger. Effing BC.

I hope you're back on the water asap. Clearly that's where you're meant to be, you water baby. How splendid that you were specifically matched to a like minded oncologist! Sometimes our medical care is so thoughtful and considerate.

I look forward to hearing about your return to the waves. K xox
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @ShellSurfing - just wanted to send Iu big hugs and positive thoughts and let u know that we are all here for u xoxox
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I am really sorry about your devastating surgical outcome and upcoming treatment but hope you will be well enough to be back in that ocean soon. X