IDC, 30 years old, BRCA1

Options
2»

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Actually you haven't mentioned a BreastCare nurse, do you have one yet? Mine is absolutely invaluable.
  • StephO
    StephO Member Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a great breast care nurse who came to see me today ❤️
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited April 2018
    Options
    That's good to hear :)  Was she able to put your mind at rest about your ribs? Kate xox
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    How are going since the surgery? Well, I hope
  • StephO
    Options
    Not doing so well.

I had issues with a horrible nurse and a blocked drain tube that caused excruciating pain.

im having trouble taking deep breaths due to my chest feeling heavy and tight. Requiring oxygen. I can barely sleep due to frequent waking, pain and trouble breathing. 

Ive had an allergic reaction to the dressing around my breasts and it caused a blistered wound.

This has been a horrible and traumatising time.
  • StephO
    Options
    She hasn’t put my mind at ease in regard to the ribs as that is the least of my problems at the moment.

i forgot to mention I also have a painful and hot lump at the back of my head from surgery? I don’t understand how this happened. It’s uncomfortable, painful, hot and causing pressure.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I don't know if you've spoken to your doctor, but if not, I think you should.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @StephO
     What a time to find out your sensitive to the dressing!
     Make sure you speak up and let them know that you're having problems.
    Take care 

• Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    @StephO oh my darling, sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Hate that the nurse has been unpleasant . Ask family to have a look at the lump at the back of your head . Is it a bruise? Sending hugs your way xxxxxxxx
  • StephO
    Options
    Hey,

Sorry I’ve been very tired. I was in hospital for a week and relieved to go home! 

The lump at the back of my head apparently was a pressure sure. Wow! And it really hurt! Still tender and itchy now.

I have both drain tubes in and hospital in the home visiting daily. 
    I had a leaking drain tube which they had to come back to fix. Both tubes seem to be blocking and unblocking. They are so annoying! I just want them out.

The expanders do feel tight. I hope it gets better. They will pump them up next week, I heard this hurts :-/

I have results from pathology.
    Stage 2, grade 3. Triple negative.
    They said I’ll be needing chemo.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi!  Tiredness from it all is not unusual - just roll with it the best you can and don't fight it!  As to the expanders, it is advisable to have Panadol prior to going for the pump up.  Yes they are tight but I found it more to be uncomfortable rather than hurt.  Hope that helps!
    Take care
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hey @StephO It's good to have results because then you finally know what your treatment plan is.  According to my surgeon, no-one has ever greeted him with "Chemo is great" and certainly I have found it crap but it is manageable.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @StephO so sorry to hear about all this you are going though. Hope u are feeling a little better. I’m currently undergoing chemo and through not fun it is not as horrific as I was expecting - I have a couple of days where I feel crap but i just had my second one and feel I know more what to expect and am able to manage it better now. Everyones experiences are so different and I know it sounds trite but just take it one step at the time and get over this big surgery first xoxoxxx