Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    It is better to let it drain Ninja 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    Massage can help with a seroma but you need a lymphoedema therapist rather than a physio to show you what to do. Perhaps your local hospital can help? 
  • Ninja
    Ninja Member Posts: 21
    Options
    hi ladies , thank you for you feedback, I meant too say I am seeing a lymphoedema therapist not physio , I am trying too let it drain on its own but its such a massive build up in the armpit, its very hard too sleep with and the pressure is very uncomfortable. I deal with the public and trying too help them and reaching across makes it hard.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    Letting it drain is best but sometimes they just don't - mine made 180mlls look like a small drop, it wasn't in such an awkward place but sloshing when you bend over isn't any good and it hung around for 12 months before finally fixed (surgery). Massage really helped but I should have started much earlier than I did. Good luck. 
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    I had the same third tit after my axillary dissection. It looked gross and I tried massaging downwards but I think the best thing was the really stretchy one piece bras that acted like a compression bandage. It took a couple of weeks and because I had "shifted my tissue around" the radiation planning had to be re-done after the first week of rads. (My drain leaked at the entrance to my skin. I had to tape down face washers 10 times a day whilst still filling up the plastic bag. lol)