Stranger reactions and losing one's temper!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2018
    Options
  • JasiB1
    JasiB1 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you @Joannie and @JanineG. I was so upset and angry and I was absolutely mortified at the things I said, but at the same time felt justified.  As we know, it's hard enough dealing with BC on a day to day basis without all the dramas, and we have to put ourselves first. 
    Thanks again
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh no @JasiB1! Sounds like they deserved it. Perhaps work out what YOU would like them to do, and then convey that to them, with a small apology for losing your temper? Sometimes people just don't know what to do and get paralysed in that. Give 'em a nudge. But really, how insensitive!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2018
    Options
  • kmakm
    Options
    Omg @JanineG that is hilarious! And dreadful like me. Thank you SO much for sharing.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • kmakm
    Options
    I agree @Joannie, we do have to put ourselves first more at this time. So often it's such a struggle to get through each day, there's little energy left to preserve the social niceties.

I agree with you about the regular contact. I have people I've never met but have followed for years on Instagram check in with me regularly via DM and it's crazy how much it brightens my day.

I've had some friends struggle with my diagnosis, but most have rallied. One dear old friend just doesn't have the empathy to get it though. I stopped sharing the emotional details with her when she asked why I didn't compartmentalise and ignore it.

I hope your colleague recovered from her insensitivity...
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Joannie Thank you for words about being here to listen.  Sometimes I feel like such a whinger but geeze you feel better when you offload to people who truly understand.

I still feel so early in my BC experience, it's just on three months, and underqualified to help others. I hope I can give back when I've got a bit more under my belt so to speak.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thanks @Joannie
  • JasiB1
    JasiB1 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks everyone what a great bunch you are.  Not sure how my little problem will resolve itself, time will tell I guess. I might go and get some counselling on how to best deal with situation from here. Putting my husbands family offside was probably not one of my finest moments. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @JasiB1 Sounds like a plan!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @JasiB1 How has your husband coped with it?  Does he understand where it's coming from?